Close

Default ... And street legal 86' lx

Just finishing up the 1 year project that took 8 years of Saturdays away from family.
    A few pics before paint and body go into it.
    I peed my pants and gave my myself whiplash the first hard test hits.

Not sure why my pictures load sideways at times... I'm doing something wrong I'm sure.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  146.1 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  106.6 KB

2 questions. 1)please explain the catch can setup, 2)I see you slit the fender I assume for tire clearance, did you slit the front of the fender also?

Congrats on getting it drivable. Looks great!
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Down View Post
    2 questions. 1)please explain the catch can setup, 2)I see you slit the fender I assume for tire clearance, did you slit the front of the fender also?
    1. the can is a reservoir after the vacuum pump and passenger valve cover. the system evacuates oil vapor and maintains negative pressure in the block. I have a metered orifice on the driver side valve cover. the orifice on the passenger side is for a delta p gauge and data-logging.

2. yes, the front and rear of the fender is cut about 9". if i had to do it all over again, i would just weld in some fabricated flares or fabricate some fiberglass fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by 85MUSTANGTGT View Post
    Congrats on getting it drivable. Looks great!
    Thank you for the compliment Thomas.

I'm in the carb, clutch and brake tuning phase now... before the rain starts here in Seattle!

During this whole build, I've found a passion for fabrication.
    Most of the parts I installed on this car I fabricated myself because the OTS parts i bought either didn't fit properly or required improvement.

The 2" headers are my pride and joy. The motorplates and brake caliper brackets are close 2nd.
    Name:  IMGP2194.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  297.6 KB

Name:  IMGP2216.JPG
Size:  297.5 KB

Name:  WRAPPED 2.jpg
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  WRAPPED 6.jpg
Size:  103.5 KB
    Last edited by 347HO; 09-20-2018 at 11:50 PM.