Close

Default B&M Hammer installation in early Fox Bodies

Has anyone installed B&M's Hammer shifter in a '79-86 Fox Body with a C-4? I am trying this now and have the conversion kit installed but still cannot seem to get it into gear. If so, did you run into any problems and how did you mount the plastic shift indicator to the console?
    1984 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Nut View Post
    Has anyone installed B&M's Hammer shifter in a '79-86 Fox Body with a C-4? I am trying this now and have the conversion kit installed but still cannot seem to get it into gear. If so, did you run into any problems and how did you mount the plastic shift indicator to the console?

Well I installed the B&M Pro Ratch into my 81 mustang with C4 many years ago. When adjusting the Cable, start in low gear first and then
    see if every gear snaps into place after that, 1,2,3 Ect. Hope this helps.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.