Close

Default '87 LX 2.3, 5 speed - worth selling?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  111.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  109.8 KB
    My sister's vehicle, bought it from her when she moved to Pittsburg.
    Spent the first eight years parked outdoors at school, under roof since.
    Seats faded some but intact. Dealer AC
    Deciding whether to sell it or try to mothball it (a dubious process). Just seeking thoughts, opinions, and advice.
    Thanks
    Mike
    ps. 95000 miles
    Married to the same Mustang since 03/29/82

Nice 4 banger 5-speed cars are getting harder to come by. I'd love to have one, myself. I just don't think there's much of a market for them. If they're rust-free, they're probably priced about like a basic roller v8 car.

Around here, a decent roller that's rust free and has decent interior would go for around $1k-1500.

I'll also add that nice wheels, nice paint, upgraded parts all add to the value. But having been through a few builds, I can say that most people looking for a project fox end up either half-a'ing it or doing it right and replacing pretty much everything mechanical and suspension wise.

The fact that it's a running 4 cyl doesn't really add to the value, when you look at the average buyer. Those of us looking for a stock 4 cyl car and planning to keep it as such are few and far between.

FEP Power Member

Even nice ones out here barely get $1000. Great for engine swaps but that’s practically impossible to do here.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

****, put some junkyard boost on it.... nice looking car. If I needed basic transportation I’d be all over that one.

“don't really want to sell it” price after its all cleaned up and ready is 2250, imo

This car is not allowed to be sold or bought through this site. Do not offer to buy or sell it on this site. Please keep with the orginal intent of the thread...an opinion if it could be sold. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    This car is not allowed to be sold or bought through this site. Do not offer to buy or sell it on this site. Please keep with the orginal intent of the thread...an opinion if it could be sold. Thank you.
    Sorry. I thought that’s what I was doing. Sorry for any misunderstanding..... I think 2250 if it’s cleaned up and ready to roll. Not offering to be clear.

Definitely only two headlights on this one. If we do, after prepping it some, decide to part with it, I'll find a mustang site that takes its kind. I'd rather it went where it would be appreciated by an enthusiast, than just sell it to somebody by the roadside.
    Thanks for the input. I bet this one too could benifit from a little clay.
    Married to the same Mustang since 03/29/82