Close

Default EBAY - Ford Fairmont 1978 -- GILA MONSTER

You might remember Mike1157's build thread.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...hlight=CYCLONE
    Well you can buy it for $12,000 on Ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Ford-F...9bl7d-&vxp=mtr
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  174.5 KB
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

WOW!! Cant believe that is up for sale!! I followed that build.... was great to see the updates..... Crazy to sell after putting all that heart/soul into something. would be a really cool car for someone to have.
    1985 Capri
    347 (Baker Engineering built, Dart block, GT40x, RPM air-gap, Mahle pistons, custom cam...)
    5 speed RS
    Ext - Red/Grey
    Int - Tan

New User

That was an epic build thread.

It's some amazing work. Too bad the engine fought him 1 time too many.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Senior Member

No mention of the engine trouble in the ad. Did it turn out to be nothing? I would think not based on this quote, but I could be wrong:
    I don't know about the oil,...I only know one thing....there's carnage goin on in that engine.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Sounds like it has been rebuilt or perhaps even a different engine now. Now sure what engine he was working with when he had so many issues as I didn't read the build thread: "The engine is newly rebuilt, and has a total of 7 hours run time on it. It is built from a US 250 I-6 as a base, modified to allow for a 351 Cleveland style Australian crossflow head."
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I'm surprised he's selling it too, but can certainly relate to being fed up, if that's even what's going on. It's too bad he left the forum. I miss his updates/stories.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Sounds like it has been rebuilt or perhaps even a different engine now. Now sure what engine he was working with when he had so many issues as I didn't read the build thread: "The engine is newly rebuilt, and has a total of 7 hours run time on it. It is built from a US 250 I-6 as a base, modified to allow for a 351 Cleveland style Australian crossflow head."
    This was after the rebuild. He mentioned he drained the oil and it looked like somebody swept up a bunch of metal shavings and dumped them in the oil. It was maybe earlier this week or late last week. It is still the same basic engine. He had to have a couple (or maybe all) of the cylinders resleeved after the machine shop messed up. He got it running earlier this summer n/a after removing the previously installed turbo and decided it was boring without the turbo and then reinstalled a turbo setup. It sounds like it is a pretty quick car.

Post #8526
    https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...71263/page-427
    Last edited by KevinVarnes; 09-13-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire