Close

Default Convertible Quarter Window Adjustment

The passenger side quarter window ate the bushings, so I decided to replace the guide rod mounts with the LMR metal ones at the same time. The passenger side is all back to normal and good. The driver side is off, and I can't figure it out.

Previously, it would seal up, but the door glass was always very close to crossing over when raised with the quarter window up all the way. It didn't but always looked like it would cross over.

After replacing the guide rod mounts, it crossed over BAD. I made all the adjustments in the book. Got it much better now, but there's a progressive gap as you go from about a third down from top to bottom on that divider gasket. I can't get the bottom of the window out anymore with the adjustments. Do you think it is a door glass adjustment issue?

Additionally, the divider trim is very close to the door glass. Way closer than before. The front rubber bump stop is disintegrated, so I'm trying to source a replacement, thinking that's not stopping the glass soon enough against the up stop.

Thanks for the help...this has taken HOURS to adjust/figure out. The design is pretty dumb and there are way too many degrees of freedom in all the adjustments.
    1985 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock and original @ 213k, except for dynomax ultraflos.

I know a place in nanticoke pa that has a mint 86 convertible they are parting out...
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Well that's too bad. Shouldn't part a mint car...

To follow up with my initial question, there is no other out adjustment I can do with the window. There is a spacer stop not only on the inside but also on the outside of the quarter panel. So even if I wanted it out further, it couldn't go there.

Therefore, I'm going to try to adjust the driver's window instead. I'll post back with results in case someone in the future has the same problem. These window adjustments are very complicated for seemingly no good reason.
    1985 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock and original @ 213k, except for dynomax ultraflos.