Close

Default EVTM abbreviations

Does anyone have a key to their abbreviations?

I am wondering about T/O.

Does anyone know what the abbreviation T/O means in the EVTM? I see it list connections and splices for example near the headlight T/O or near T/O to ground.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Supporter

Tape out... It's a smaller harness "taped out" from the larger harness...
    '85 GT

Thanks! That makes sense! Any idea what the 5 digit call outs are? Like in the headlights section. It say S806 is in 14290 near T/O to ground. I have the splice in my hand, but I don't know what 14290 is. There's no connectors in this wire, except for the headlights at the end and on the pork chop brace in the car.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Supporter

I can only speculate... Perhaps the 5 digit numbers are an engineering number or internal part number for specific harness sections or maybe connector housings themselves with I think the former to be a better guess.

Also, remember that the EVTM(s) doesn't show the actual complete circuit, instead it's usually just a simplified representation/version of it so one can better understand and visualize the components and make-up.

Incidentally, its been mentioned many times around here that there are many incorrect items/details in both the wiring diagram(s) and the EVTM(s) for our Foxen. I'd advise that you keep using your multimeter and don't lose sleep if something doesn't match a description.
    '85 GT

S is splice, C is connector, G is ground. 5 digit numbers are often base part numbers, usually for wiring harnesses.
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife
    '79 Capri 2.3L n/a, Medium Copper metallic, survivor
    (bought from MRausch82)

Quote Originally Posted by FB71 View Post
    S is splice, C is connector, G is ground. 5 digit numbers are often base part numbers, usually for wiring harnesses.
    Now it all makes sense! That's how so many different circuits have some of the same 5 digit things in them!

I've wondered what T/O meant for a long time. Never could come up with anything searching online. Thanks.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

It's weird there's not a key or index in the EVTM that explains it. I mean they explain the wire makrings, the dots/dashes/colors, splices and connector numbers. But no mention of some of the other abbreviations or part number listings.

I know, right? Would've been a handy bit of information. I guess the techs using the manuals were expected to know that stuff.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack