Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'll throw out my 2 cents in.

The red one, ( $17,995) is an 8-10K car if it was presented better. Poor paint finish, road rash and door dings. Come on, you can step up it's presentation. Cool original car, but top money demands no excuses presentation.

The silver one, ($21,000) is fantastic! Maybe the nicest one I've seen. He keeps lowering the price though. It'll sell at high teens.

The black one, ($26,995) is the former Dennis Collins car which sold at auction a couple years ago. I think it sold for around $20K, and that was all the money for it.

Am I in the ballpark? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by chazman; 09-09-2018 at 09:17 AM.

The only comment I can make on prices is the red one has been listed too high because it is listed by Streetside Classics. They think all of their cars are worth a lot more than they are.
    08 Bullitt / 07 Buell XB12SS / Transit Connect

FEP Senior Member

The silver 82 GT is mine. One of the nicest 82's in existence. I bought it from another enthusiast a short time ago 1/18. I am currently enjoying my s197's more than the foxes so I am selling this to use the money to send my Shelby GT back to Shelby for a GT/SC conversion. It is a stunning car and I wish I could keep them all. Car has been in a book, magazine, won trophies, and looks, runs and drives as new. I have put about 1500 miles on it this summer. If you want the best this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by noac View Post
    The silver 82 GT is mine. One of the nicest 82's in existence. I bought it from another enthusiast a short time ago 1/18. I am currently enjoying my s197's more than the foxes so I am selling this to use the money to send my Shelby GT back to Shelby for a GT/SC conversion. It is a stunning car and I wish I could keep them all. Car has been in a book, magazine, won trophies, and looks, runs and drives as new. I have put about 1500 miles on it this summer. If you want the best this is it.
    That has to be the nicest '82 GT I've ever seen! I've downloaded all of your pics to use as reference photos for my silver '82. GLWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    The only comment I can make on prices is the red one has been listed too high because it is listed by Streetside Classics. They think all of their cars are worth a lot more than they are.
    The owner of the red one was asking 10 or 11 on FB.

Red one has an after market sunroof
    Current Cars:
    83 GT Turbo All org w/ org paint 127k miles
    84 GT350 5.0 Period correct changes 5spd T Top 44k org miles
    83 LTD Wagon I6 65k miles
    2010 Mercury Milan AWD
    2019 Flex SEL

Past Cars: 79 Pace Car 5.0 Auto, 80 I6 Coupe, 79 I6 Coupe, 81 4cyl Coupe, 92GT, 83 Capri RS Turbo, 82GT TTop, 83 GT 5.0, 84 GT350 5.0 Auto, 86 ASC Capri coupe #1, 78 5.0 Granada Coupe, 03 MACH 1 2013 Flex Limited

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    I'll throw out my 2 cents in.

The black one, ($26,995) is the former Dennis Collins car which sold at auction a couple years ago. I think it sold for around $20K, and that was all the money for it.
    You are in the ballpark for sure...however I would wager that it didn't actually "sell" at Barrett Jackson. I think most of those transactions are bogus and they don't actually trade $$ for titles after the hammer was dropped. Evident by how most end up for sale on ebay right after, usually by friends of Collins. The only thing Dennis and Richard have done via Barrett Jackson that past two Januarys is artificially inflate the market. Look at how many nice Foxes are advertised on Ebay and Craigslist now at too-high prices, with reference to "Fox prices are escalating, just check out Barrett Jackson"

As for the red one...it definitely needs the leading "1" removed from the price. My car at 15k miles and 9/10 condition is more likely to bring $17k than this one with 61k miles and well worn out paint.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 09-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

That silver car is real nice but that seems high to me. There is some nice low mile cars that pop up now and then for around 10 grand.
    A bunch of 85gt's

Quote Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
    That silver car is real nice but that seems high to me. There is some nice low mile cars that pop up now and then for around 10 grand.
    It may be high to some, but if you want a turn-key 1982 GT that can be put in a museum, or cruised & shown....not sure you can find an equal condition example for less money. The detail work under the hood of that car is amazing!

With about half the miles of it, I'm pulling the engine out of mine this winter so I replace all the gaskets and refresh the engine bay to look like this one!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

The beautiful silver one is sold. Congrats noac!

Only the red one is still listed.

The red one is relisted on ebay. It is not a very nice car. Original maybe, but not very nice. Did you see the rust on the drivers door? Maybe a 8k car.
    86 Mustang GT T Top 2A 20k miles
    95 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser triple locked expedition rig
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold
    86 GT Sold brother has it.

I'm contemplating listing my COMPLETELY rust free, one owner, New Mexico, original paint survivor, '82 GT on eBay next Spring if I move on to an LX notch. Even with a lot more miles, it's nicer than the red one. No way would I ask as much as they are for it, though.

Last edited by chazman; 10-01-2018 at 04:42 PM.

I went to Street side classics and looked at the red 82. The paint on the car is not presentable at all. It does have rust on the drivers door and the interior has fading. I also noticed that the heater core is by passed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hcmclean View Post
    I went to Street side classics and looked at the red 82. The paint on the car is not presentable at all. It does have rust on the drivers door and the interior has fading. I also noticed that the heater core is by passed as well.
    What would you think is a fair price for the red one is, now that you've seen it up close? 8 or 9K?
    Last edited by chazman; 10-01-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    What would you think is a fair price for the red one is, now that you've seen it up close? 8 or 9K?
    Probably closer to 8K

Quote Originally Posted by hcmclean View Post
    Probably closer to 8K
    IIRC, before consigning it to a dealer, the owner was asking about $10,500 on FB.

The listing for the black one has ended. Anyone know if it sold?

I'm gonna assume it did not...just like it probably didn't technically sell at Barret Jackson for the $20k+ it hammered for
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    I'm gonna assume it did not...just like it probably didn't technically sell at Barret Jackson for the $20k+ it hammered for
    What do you mean, by "technically"?

I bought the black one and it did sell previously at BJ

FEP Senior Member

What did you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by haflingerheaven View Post
    I bought the black one and it did sell previously at BJ
    Congrats!

Default 82 gt

22k. We were close to doing a trade plus cash for my plum crazy roadrunner but it did not work out

When I graduated from college I bought an 82 gt I always loved the look. And it was black with tops. I’m done with cars so this is my final purchase. The 157 hp may take some getting used to. I will swap out the seats though. Ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast