Close

Default Another fog light question

does anyone have a link for a fog light schematic for the 82 GT I cant get them to work theres no power to the switch there is power to one wire on the relay but I cant find where the wires all go,also I tried putting 12v to the 2 tan wires on the relay plug to see if the lights would turn on with direct power from there but nothing.
    p.s. I did bench test the lights and they work fine please help thank you

So in the wiring photo i have constant power to the brown orange stripe wire nothing else gets power with lights on key on if i put 12v to the blue/black wire i can here the relay clic and have power to the 2 pink /orange wires but still no fog lights and the little green indicator light gets power at this point but has no ground if i connect a ground to the black going to it ,it works.
    So where should i look next? Where does the switch get its power and ground from? And should the fog lights come on when the pink orange wires have power?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

So a quick update i checked out a 4 eyed gt at a local mustang parts place with the dash removed was able to trace all 4 wires from the switch , they all go out to the engine compartment from there I'll check on my car when i get home.

MP,

Mine was not lighting up. Power to the switch was ok but no power was getting out. I was able to get it working again by flipping the switch back and forth a bunch of times. The bracket is riveted to the panel which makes removal of the switch difficult. It will have to be done because the switch will have to be cleaned one way or another. Maybe spray some contact cleaner in it.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

Ok so this fog light harness is driving me nuts , i think I've traced it all from the switch to the lights and i don't see
    1- a grounding point for the black wire
    2- where the switch gets its trigger power from to open the relay
    The fog lamp switch has a brown and blue wires , the blue goes to the relay but the brown witch i assumed came from the light switch or marker light's up front goes to the front of the car and is on a loop , there's a pic of the harness up front the open plug goes to the fog light's.

Here's a pic of a harness i have laying around its not a factory harness at least not for my year but you can see one of the wires from the switch just goes out to the left and is on a loop ? Im confused

Quote Originally Posted by mustang pal View Post
    Ok so this fog light harness is driving me nuts , i think I've traced it all from the switch to the lights and i don't see
    1- a grounding point for the black wire
    2- where the switch gets its trigger power from to open the relay
    The fog lamp switch has a brown and blue wires , the blue goes to the relay but the brown witch i assumed came from the light switch or marker light's up front goes to the front of the car and is on a loop , there's a pic of the harness up front the open plug goes to the fog light's.

So i finally figured it out the connection on the left is supposed to be connected to the pass side marker light when i did that ,fog light's work again , i guess the last time the bumper cover was off the plugs we're put back together wrong.

Good job figuring that one out. That's exactly the kind that would drive me insane.

Brant