Close

Default junkyard empire, 85 SVO EcoBoost Swapped

Anyone catch Junkyard Empire Season 4 episodes 4 and 5 where they swap the 85 SVO engine for the Eco Boost? I caught the first episode but haven't seen the second. I have it set to record this coming Saturday. Amyway, it's good to see some foxes getting some attention on some of the shows.

Yes, watched it the other night. I agree, it was cool to see a fox on the show, or any show I should say. I was anxious to see it running, bit of course they leave you hanging.

The fact there were no wiring harnesses available for the swap? I didn't quite understand if they hadn't been built yet or they had sold out.

Ya they got it running and then said he would sell for 20-30k. Id be interested to see it sell

I liked that it was a 4 eye but to me, he is way off on his thinking that being an SVO would somehow make it more valuable. If someone wanted an SVO, they wouldn't want that. That car is for someone who doesn't like SVOs. Which....for the record, there is nothing wrong with that. People like what they like. The SVO brakes and suspension are gone, the SVO interior is gone. It has the nose and that's about where the "SVO" ends. I realize he likely got the car for free but my point is you could take any hatch and put an SVO nose on it and do all that to it and have the same exact thing. Park them both side by side and they would have equal value if that makes sense. The fact that the VIN runs as a true SVO is meaningless in regards to value. I guess this is much better than it ending up in the crusher since it was pretty obvious that it had all the good parts removed already anyway.
    Last edited by homer302; 09-03-2018 at 02:47 PM.

I just happened to catch it last night and thought it was interesting since it has been discussed on here before about the EcoBoost swap. I agree with the SVO vs another hatch argument, I would think it would be more interesting to put the EcoBoost into another hatch and then compare it to a SVO from the day. And do love to see the foxes getting more attention on the shows.

As an svo owner I would be hard pressed to want that car if it was given to me. Completely ruined the car IMHO. Not because of the engine but more so because of the interior. Also, wait til you see the front end. No inner lights. Just two big empty holes. WTH! New repros are still available to my knowledge. I'm surprised they didn't take the bi plane spoiler off. He will have it a long time if he thinks he can sell it for the price he mentioned.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

I agree that virtually everything that makes a SVO a SVO is missing from the vehicle. Being an original SVO doesn't hurt the value, but when all the SVO unique and specific parts are long gone, then who really cares IMHO.

The Ecoboost is a cool engine, just not sure its worth all the headaches, hassles, and cost at this point. If the price was right, then maybe!

In regards to the inner marker lights on the SVO, they were reproduced by Daniel Carpenter as well as the 85.5/86 Flush Headlights at one point, but my understanding is they sold so slowly that they have no intentions of making any more. I personally could use a new set of the inner marker lamps, so if anyone knows where a set is I am all in!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

When did they stop remaking them? Maybe it's been longer than I thought that I replaced mine after the pain job. I bought them from National Parts Depot.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would buy a used car from a junkyard.

FEP Senior Member

Trey -
    DC is planning to do a run of headlights this fall. The inners will not be run again. It took them over 8 years to sell the run they did. Just not worth it for them.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I agree that virtually everything that makes a SVO a SVO is missing from the vehicle. Being an original SVO doesn't hurt the value, but when all the SVO unique and specific parts are long gone, then who really cares IMHO.

The Ecoboost is a cool engine, just not sure its worth all the headaches, hassles, and cost at this point. If the price was right, then maybe!

In regards to the inner marker lights on the SVO, they were reproduced by Daniel Carpenter as well as the 85.5/86 Flush Headlights at one point, but my understanding is they sold so slowly that they have no intentions of making any more. I personally could use a new set of the inner marker lamps, so if anyone knows where a set is I am all in!
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!