Close

Default New wiring harness Help

I have a new aftermarket engine harness along with a MSD Blaster coil I am installing and need help with.
    The first question is about connecting the MSD coil to the harness.
    The Harness has a Horse shoe connector with a green wire with a yellow stripe that has tach test on the connector and a red wire with green stripe.
    I believe the green wire with a yellow stripe will go to the Neg - side of the MSD coil and the red wire with green stripe will go to the POS + is this correct?

Old Harness
    Name:  IMG_0619a.JPG
Views: 127
Size:  80.7 KB

The new harness has connectors the old cut up one did not what do they go to?
    This wire is very long and has a single socket.
    Name:  IMG_0618a.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  74.5 KB

And there also three connectors with with the coil connector.
    Name:  IMG_0620a.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  62.0 KB

Thanks
    Rick
    1985 Capri RS
    1984 Mustang GT

Download the wire diagrams from this site and also go on Ebay and find a 1985 EVTM. It will save your life!! Well, ok, maybe not, but it will help alot.

I am completely rewiring under the hood of my 85. If I get out in the garage later, I will dig thru my diagram and evtm and see what I find.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I down loaded a diagram from links in a thread here at foureyedpride that is how I came up with the above, I just want to make sure that is right.
    1985 Capri RS
    1984 Mustang GT

Ok got her fired up and timed so I guess it is wired right.
    1985 Capri RS
    1984 Mustang GT

Good deal...sorry I got out in the 96 degree garage last weekend and did my things and forgot about this! lol
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Long blue wire goes to the oil level sensor in the oil pan