Close

Default 85 RS carburetor

I am starting to go thru my new 85, and I am starting at the carb. It is an 1850 on there with electric choke. I want to get all the pieces that are missing from it if any. Could anyone direct me to how the carb set up should look.
    Name:  20180826_134558.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  198.6 KB
    Name:  20180826_144029.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  143.4 KB

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Does your car have AC? Looks like it is missing AC idle solenoid and WOT positioner. I'm no carb guy either, or I wasn't til I got my 85 2 years ago. I'll be honest, I fought a losing battle with the Holley. I ended up with an Edelbrock and haven't looked back. I know there are a lot of guys on here that say the Holley is a great carb but they have tons of experience with them, and lets face it, there are not many carb guys around these days to get timely help from.

Good Luck

Brant
    Last edited by RazorbackGT; 09-01-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Ive seen very few pics of what the carb layout should be. I just want to make sure when trouble shooting that the missing parts are not the problem. Yes it does gave AC.

Seems like there’s an extra fuel filter there. If I remember correctly they are supposed to be in the fuel inlet of the carb itself

Definately some guys that have luck with Holley. I haven’t ran a carb in 26 years but my 85 project car is getting one because that’s what belongs there. I went Edelbrock with it because I never had very good luck with the Holley’s back when I did run a carb. That and the engine bay was entirely empty - good luck finding a this stuff without just killing another car or buying parts from someone who did these days.

Plus the old AFB style carbs make completely different noises and I’ve always liked being able to hear the carb moan over my exhaust that’s way too loud.

Since this is my daily driver I guess i will reduild it and add the AC solenoid and call it a day. I need to address the emmisions in my next thread. Thank for the input