Close

Thread: 1984 GT Turbo

Default 1984 GT Turbo

I realized that I posted this one on Facebook, but not on here. I didn't see it in the registry.

Name:  Marti Report.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  94.8 KB

Name:  E7DFE4B8-7E2B-4E3E-B55D-D56EA4086266.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  132.2 KB

Added to database and registry. Can you post pic of original door tag? Can you post pics of any other tags, stickers, sheets, etc.? (build sheet, window sticker, owner card, transmission tag, axle tag, emissions calibration label, carburetor tag, distributor tag, seat tag) Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Name:  00B2FAFC-45DF-41AA-B6FB-3D4831BA83FB.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  60.4 KB

FEP Power Member

Interesting, an export model. Wonder where iit was going?
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Pretty easy, this one.

Any 90-99 code will be FASPAC(Ford Asia Pacific or AutoRama), Ford Of Europe, Australia, New Zealand. It may be military, via a special scheme well known about in Military circles. The Denver Diversion via DSO 51.

https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/ind...?topic=32020.0

Quote Originally Posted by RamAir351
    The DSO 90 was a general code basically for European sales. The "FIGESO" on the build sheets was Ford International General Sales Office. In the case of my Cobra, the car was ordered from Ford Motor Company FIGESO, Newark, NJ. This was basically a gas station where servicemen could place an order for a Ford vehicle and have it shipped to any destination they were going to be shipped off to outside of the country. My car, was to go to Germany (not sure if it did) it did go to California and driven to Spokane, WA where I bought the car in 2002, funny thing, I began restoring the car and found a Zippo lighter under the front seat carpet with an outline of Gernmany and the word Germany engraved in gold on it.
    What dealers would try to do is to have a military serviceman order the car, when the car arrived, they would contact the "FIGESO" location and say the serviceman was back from deployment, the dealer rep from FIGESO could contact Ford and do a field order diversion to prevent it from being shipped then it would be picked up at the docks or FIGESO by the owner. Ford would issue a new door tag with the "This vehicle conforms to all Applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety blah blah"........basically stating the car was not being shipped and would be on the US roads. Dealers could scam these guys into ordering the cars and not leave the country so that they would not have to pay the federal excise taxes as an Export car did not have the taxes and fees added on.

What's really funny...I watched a 1969 Mach 1 that sat in a front yard for years and bought it in 2005 from the owner. The DSO was 90 on this car too! I got the Marti report and it was ordered by Hover Motors INC in Denver, CO and both of my DSO 90 cars do not show an "order received" date. I didn't take the time to follow up on the Mach 1.

75 to 81 is anywhere that is still the USA. North to Alaska.....south to Albuquerque.....the smaller district Sales Order numbers aren't always listed the same or used the same.

A 4 or 5 digit concatenated number indicates its general DSO, plus a special order number

For T5's, the DSO's were 90 to 99, with New Zealand 99, 92 West Germany, etc..

If its four or five digit, I'm pretty sure its a special option code like the Anniversay Gold 66 Mustangs were DSO = 33111

Or D.S.O: 32001, for a certain kind of 1965 Bench seat Mustang

A Cleveland area Special Order Unit 001

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy66GT
    The lists of District numbers regularly leave out many of the smaller ones such as 75 for Phoenix. I am not certain the District numbers were always the same from year to year although the ones doing the major sales volume usually seemed to stay the same. Like any other company, Ford could change their district map whenever they wanted to

eg. https://www.karmustang.com/product/m...numbers-facts/

Special order numbers are four digits, which makes the concatenated DSO + special order number six characters in total.

There is no pattern as to which export DSO number went to a certain country or region in a country.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags