Close

Default Ohtsu tires, anyone used them?

https://lmr.com/item/WTK-39067452OHT...6x7-7993-ohtsu

Anyone have them? What do you think of them? Or should I spend the extra $130 for the Coopers?

Sometimes those really cheap tires are not worth it. I had a set of cheapies and they barely lasted 20,000 miles. Also,I had to pull a different perfectly good set off my wife's Honda because she complained the car was hard to stop in the rain. I said "You need to pump the brakes!" Then I drive it in the rain and the wheels would just slide and lock up. They were scary ass tires. I used them as boat dock bumpers. My opinion,buy the coopers.

Bfg sport comp 2 is what I would choose. They are $100 each through discounttiredirect.com, I am not a fan of cooper tires myself. I’ve had them on 3 different cars and always end up with road noise.

Edit the bfg are 109.99, you could get the set plus the lmr wheels for under $1100.
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 08-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Quote Originally Posted by Lowetlx View Post
    Bfg sport comp 2 is what I would choose. They are $100 each through discounttiredirect.com, I am not a fan of cooper tires myself. I’ve had them on 3 different cars and always end up with road noise.

Edit the bfg are 109.99, you could get the set plus the lmr wheels for under $1100.
    Those would be my choice too, but it's so convenient to buy a package from LMR, mounted, balanced and delivered to your door. Too bad they don't offer other tire choices.

I got the LMR set mounted etc. I've not noticed any deficiencies as of yet, and they are a serious improvement over the dried out and cracked TRX that they replaced. Local shop charges $25 per to mount and balance. Made sense to do as I did, it'll take me decade to put 20,000 miles on em.

PS. I've driven in some heavy rain with them as well and had no planing incidents, although it is easy to spin em on wet pavement, but it seems to me no worse than the previous tires.

Quote Originally Posted by SECESH View Post
    I got the LMR set mounted etc. I've not noticed any deficiencies as of yet, and they are a serious improvement over the dried out and cracked TRX that they replaced. Local shop charges $25 per to mount and balance. Made sense to do as I did, it'll take me decade to put 20,000 miles on em.
    Quote Originally Posted by SECESH View Post
    PS. I've driven in some heavy rain with them as well and had no planing incidents, although it is easy to spin em on wet pavement, but it seems to me no worse than the previous tires.
    I'm in the same boat. Wear is not an issue. I'd never get close to 20K miles. And anything would be better than those dry rotted TRX tires on the car.

The guy that does my state inspections passed my TRX's for several years longer than he probably should have. Plenty of tread depth and cracks to match.
    I never heard of Ohtsu before LMR packaged them with the wheels I had been hoping someone would create. I'm happy with them. I drive the car a lot more gently than I used to, but I do push it through the gears. Haven't more than squeaked em a bit.

Those tires are made by the Falken Tire Corp.

http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/...rformance-tire

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White