Close

Default Most likely a stupid (interior) question

I'm assuming the floor pan or general shape of the interior of a box top vs a Futura model is the same? I was going to order a new carpet for my new project car, but saw that only "Fairmont" was listed. Just figured I'd ask first before I set those wheels in motion to find out it wouldn't work.

Yep same.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

awesome. Appreciate the fast feedback!

The interior of the Futura/Z7 is basically similar shape, and 90% of the parts swap over. Carpet is the same.
    I'm not sure about the rear seat cushions; front seats and tracks are the same, dash is the same. Headliner is different, the windshield is angled back slightly further so the A-pillar trim doesn't fit and the door mirrors don't fit. They're different from Mustangs, too.
    The big plastic panels behind the front seats are different.
    Interesting thing I found on my Z7 was that the holes exist (although not reinforced) to install later Mustang shoulder belts in the rear seat area. I reinforced them and added.
    I tried to add a station wagon, and then a Mustang, rear folding seat. They're too different (although I didn't try a Mustang hatchback). The rear cushion is wider in the Futura/Z7. I think an 83-88 Thunderbird seat with the fold-down armrest might fit, and I've been looking for one to experiment with...though I've got to get the car out of storage and maybe work on it one of these decades.

Appreciate the help. Got the carpet ordered last night. Hopefully it will come in time for Labor Day weekend install!