Close

Default 85 power window motor bushing replacement?

Good morning,

after some research I found I need to replace some plastic bushings in the power window motors on my T-top 85. After just having done the window guide bushings on the passenger side of my car, I am seeking advice as to how to get in there and get it done without bending the crap out of my door. I already tweaked the passenger door to the point the outer dew wipe won't fit right and I don't want to make it any worse.

Pictures with some good instructions will likely get you a really nice Christmas card and my eternal gratitude.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxEXtd4vG_A

Followed the same instructions on my 85 t-top, I also bent the hell out of my dew wipe. Go pick up a cheap blood pressure cuff from CVS/Walgreens/Walmart, strip the inflatable bladder out of the cuff and try it instead of using a mallet handle to pry the door frame. Best of luck.

That's an awesome Idea. My wife is a nurse. I wonder if she'll miss it....

Betting she will miss it...

I wish I would have thought about that before I used my dead blow hammer and did damage.

FEP Super Member

Guide rod bushings of course are not the same as the minnow motor bushings .
    To replace those , remove the window motor .
    Open the drive end , I think 3 bolts , and the clutch with bushing is there .
    There is a kit sold for the clutch , with bushings .
    Or you can use glue sticks cut to length for the 3 bushings .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right