Close

Thread: On the fence

Default On the fence

Well It is time for Dad to get a car, and I am tossed between the following.
    1. 1985 Capri RS t-tops.
    2. 1984 SVO
    3. 1984 Mustang GT

They are all with my budget. I am a little bias towards the Capri as it was the first car I bought after I graduated in 1986. I am at wits end as to which I shall call my daily driver.

My experience is that you end up buying the best one that's available at the time you're shopping. For me, a stick is a must, so that would be a determining factor. The 85 if it's a 5-speed will be the best motor of the v-8s, though a lot of folks like the 84 GT. The SVO is a matter of taste, some folks love them others not so much. They're good cars, but I like a v-8 in an old muscle car personally. I just like the sound...

Ttops on a true daily driver might be a bummer. I love them but I'm glad I can garage keep my t top 1985 Mustang because they leak when it rains. Otherwise that Capri would for sure get my vote. Having had a few 2.3 Turbos like the SVO they are fun and can get decent MPG if that's a factor for a daily driver.