Close

Default Error 406 - Not Acceptable - Help

"Error 406 - Not Acceptable
    An error has occurred. Generally a 406 error is caused because a request has been blocked by Mod Security. If you believe that your request has been blocked by mistake please contact the web site owner."

I get the above message, on a blank white page, specifically when trying to go to 85MUSTANGTGT's "Thomas' 1985 GT Build" on the Online Car Show/Show & Tell board. I noticed this some time ago when Thomas began his thread, but hadn't time at the time to ask about the issue. Is it the apostrophe in the thread title? There are 15 replies and 1101 views right now, so some must be able to access the thread... ? I don't know, I can't get to it to see, lol... please advise...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

I've been getting a different error message when I try to use the site search function.

I get the same Error 406, as Walking-Tall
    Last edited by Dave9052; 08-17-2018 at 10:45 AM.

I'm not sure what's going on with my thread. I can view the thread just fine, but I do get an error when I post to my thread. The post still goes through just fine, however, and I am able to view it after navigating back to the forum main page. I assume the apostrophe must have something to do with it. I'm not sure how to remove it though, the Mods may need to do that.

I notice that there are several threads with apostrophes in the title that don't seem to have issues, including yours Mike.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

I checked some of the other threads that have apostrophes in the titles and when you hover over them to show the link address the apostrophes do not appear. On my thread the apostrophe DOES show up in the link address, so I'm assuming that is the problem.

Can the Mods fix the link to my build thread, please?
    Thomas

347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

1985 GT owned since new

Thanks. That's true, but I'm sure not everyone knows to do that.
    Thomas

Thread fixed. Do not use special characters in thread titles.

Thank you, Foxchassis. I didn't realize it was an issue when I made the thread.
    Thomas

Nor did I. Thank you.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

I’m getting this same error message on the classified add I posted today ?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    ...Do not use special characters in thread titles.
    80’s mustang front floor mats
    As FoxChassis said.

Mike

A couple weeks ago I got that just trying to see the new posts. did it for 2 days then ok.