Close

Default What is this power steering pump part and which way does it go back into the pump?

This piece came out of the power steering pump when I removed the hose and I was hoping someone could confirm which way it this piece should be inserted back into the pump.

The pictures aren't the best, but basically one side is smaller and has a small screen in the middle and the other side is flat.

Appreciate if anyone could let me know which side inserts back into the pump and which side faces the hose!Name:  IMG_7305.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  85.4 KBName:  IMG_7303.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  88.9 KB

The screen side of the valve goes into a spring in the pump. So screen side in first. Looking at your picture you unbolted the outlet of the pump with the line. You need to remove the fitting with the 2 orings from the line and reuse it. Now is a good time to order a reseal kit and remove the reservoir and replace all the orings. The outlet orings will likely leak now since it’s been removed. With the outlet fitting removed the reservoir will slide right off the pump. A reaseal kit is about $15
    Last edited by Lowetlx; 08-15-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Quote Originally Posted by Lowetlx View Post
    The screen side of the valve goes into a spring in the pump. So screen side in first. Looking at your picture you unbolted the outlet of the pump with the line. You need to remove the fitting with the 2 orings from the line and reuse it. Now is a good time to order a reseal kit and remove the reservoir and replace all the orings. The outlet orings will likely leak now since it’s been removed. With the outlet fitting removed the reservoir will slide right off the pump. A reaseal kit is about $15
    Thank you! Much appreciated.