Close

Default Intermediate Brake Line Routing

Can some post a picture of the intermediate (Front to Rear) Brake line installed on an 85 or 86 V8. I'm posting the request in this forum as I already have a long post in the exhaust forum. I probably should have started the thread here rather than the exhaust forum but the project I'm working is dual exhaust conversion, part of which is rerouting the break lines to make room for the exhaust on the passage side.

The approach I'm taking is to install the lines from an 86 and brake hose bracket from an 85. See details in my original thread over in the exhaust forum.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...line-questions
    Have:
    84 GT 350 Anny 5.0
    05 F-150 Super Crew
    08 Saturn Outlook
    Had:
    00 Nissan Frontier
    97 Gand Prix GTP (Supercharged)
    87 Audi Coupe GT
    84 Mustang L 3.8

FEP Senior Member

Some good pictures in here. Not sure if it has everything you are asking for.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...e+line+routing
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Thanks...I used this tread extensively in my planning for this project. I may end up bending my own lines as suggested here but I was really hoping to just order some that would fit. My main issue now is that classic tube believes the lines for V8 dual exhaust are the same as the single exhaust cars. They really don’t want to take the ones they sent me back and send me another set for a dual exhaust set up. At this point I just want to get my money back and then order lines from OPR via American Muscle. Before I really push the issue I was hoping to see how the OEM lines were run on a 85 or 86 Dual exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have:
    84 GT 350 Anny 5.0
    05 F-150 Super Crew
    08 Saturn Outlook
    Had:
    00 Nissan Frontier
    97 Gand Prix GTP (Supercharged)
    87 Audi Coupe GT
    84 Mustang L 3.8