Close

Default 85 GT. Wiring identification?

Is anybody able to ID this by chance (yellow diode/yellow connector)? It's part of the wiring bundle between the Ignition and Distributor. Thanks!

Name:  20180812_171112.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  113.2 KB
    Name:  20180812_164319.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  77.3 KB

Beats me. I have an 85 and just replaced the harness and I don't recall seeing anything like that. What is your concern?

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    Beats me. I have an 85 and just replaced the harness and I don't recall seeing anything like that. What is your concern?
    The previous owner did a 351 swap on my Fox and there's a bunch of stuff that's not connected to anything and wiring is hanging all over the place. Some of its deteriorated pretty bad too. I'm trying to clean stuff up and if it's not essential I'm getting rid of it. Clipped, heat shrinked and sealed.

That went to the ac compressor.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Quote Originally Posted by Lowetlx View Post
    That went to the ac compressor.
    I'm stumped! Before I yanked out the AC, here's what I had. The connector to the AC compressor was installed but the wires were cut and not connected to anything! You can see the other diode/connector taped up in the background to the right.

Name:  39053808_10216017208003845_141962138150240256_o.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  86.7 KB

That is 100% for the compressor. The pigtail you had maybe someone was planning on repairing that degraded harness with it.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Quote Originally Posted by Lowetlx View Post
    That is 100% for the compressor. The pigtail you had maybe someone was planning on repairing that degraded harness with it.
    Well that makes entirely too much sense. Lol! Thanks!