Close

Thread: Fox newb

Default Fox newb

Hi folks! Just been trolling a while finally registered. I’ve got a line on a really nice Fairmont wagon. It’s got like 40,000 original miles was owned by a little old lady until my nephew bought it and lost interest. No mods whatsoever and has been in dry storage for almost 15 years. I’ve also got a trade lined up for my Buell 1125R, a ‘93 Mustang GT with some decent aftermarket mods. Before I seal the deal I’ve only got one question: how many passengers fit in the wagon? I mean, how many seatbelts are in the rear seat? My nephew can’t remember and the car is stored at my bros in a semi trailer so just going out and looking is not so easy TIA!

My sarcastic response:

It's awesome that every year that Ford produced the Fairmont, there were never ever ever ever any changes.
    Yes, it's well known that every model for every vehicle that Ford has ever built, is exactly the same - regardless of the year.

From half way around the world, but, imho, still close enough:

https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.a...nt_zoomall.php

https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.a...airmont_14.jpg

Fwiw, the wagon seats the same as the sedan. So, ~5 adults - two in the front, 3 in the back. The rear seat belts types in the back may vary by year.

Great! That’s what I was hoping to hear. My hot rod motorcycle doesn’t make a very family friendly toy. But swapping a bunch of mustang stuff in the wagon sounds fun, and the whole family can ride with me! Thanks for the not to sarcastic reply. I knew they were all the same but the mustang seats four so I was slightly concerned it would be the same. Thanks again!

I’ve got a possible ‘98 GT for a donor. Will the complete SN95 suspension front and rear bolt into the fox wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by Onetuford View Post
    I’ve got a possible ‘98 GT for a donor. Will the complete SN95 suspension front and rear bolt into the fox wagon?
    Mostly yes, but "yes and no". There are some width differences and things that make it "not a straight swap in".
    Plenty of info in the build threads, it's not difficult as long as you're prepared--it's amazing how much of it DOES fit and how easy it is to get the rest in.
    Wheel clearance is the hardest part; for wide tires you may need to get different offset rims.
    Also, the SPINDLES on the 98GT can be problematic due to bump steer; swapping the K-Member would take care of that or using 94-95 only spindles. Maximum Motorsports has a good write-up on the different spindles in their tech section.