Close

Default Original or modified???

I have a question how many capris are still stock??? Does everyone modify different than stock. I'm not talking suspension upgrade or upgrades that improve the original parts going to build a 79 RS , 5.0 trying to determine if I should leave stock.

I prefer a stock look exterior wise & everything else if it's in good original condition. But if the original engine & suspension aint cutting it then by all means improve it as long as the exterior remains original.
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

In my little book it depends on the car. A basket case with little there do as you please. Now modifying a 10k survivor in good shape your fingers should be chopped first. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cb650 View Post
    In my little book it depends on the car. A basket case with little there do as you please. Now modifying a 10k survivor in good shape your fingers should be chopped first. LOL
    X2^ Jmho

Bottom Line is its Your Car . . . . Do with it what you want and enjoy it!

With that said, I don't disagree with the statements above. I personally am not a stock/original kind of guy. Nothing wrong with it, but I personally like to modify and improve my cars with newer technology, better handling, bigger brakes, more power, and even some better luxury and interior improvements.

I do that because I have found that I enjoy driving my cars and I honestly get bored with mostly original vehicles and therefore loose interest and desires and ultimately sell them for something that is more often than not a basket case that I resurrect and build into what I want. I am doing just that with my 82 GT that I bought as a roller and will end up with a 5.4 DOHC, custom interior, Maximum Motorsports suspension, and a few other upgrades. My 82 RS on the other hand will be a faithful cosmetic restoration inside and out, but with a slightly upgraded drivetrain that looks stock and only members here would notice most of the changes/improvements.

Build what makes you happy and don't worry about what others might say.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

My 83L and BM are modified but my 83 RS Turbo is stock. Like Trey I normally can't leave a car stock but due to the rarity of the RS Turbo, I'm leaning that direction.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4