Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Ran across this site today. Located near the Fraser shipyard.
    https://www.newlook.dteenergy.com/wp...ation-activity

DTE (my electric company) power plants receive coal via ship and unit trains
    Rail only during winter with ice in the waterways and ships laid up.
    The unit train locomotives pulling 100+ loaded coal cars are fascinating to see and hear.
    Usually two newer high hp models.
    When i worked in the warehouse, busy dual train tracks were next door.
    The floor would vibrate my forklift when they rumbled by.
    Long wait if caught by one. Company had policy: if 20% of shift was late because of trains, we were excused.
    That's sweet they've got the ship schedule on their site! Didn't know that! But yeah, Midwest Energy is certainly a busy place. Less so in the past couple of years, but yeah. It's frustrating because I, at least, haven't found a very good vantage point where you can see the boats up close for photos. Best view I've found is the Blatnik Bridge. There are no (public) roads that go anywhere near the damn dock. Everything is gated off as far as I've seen. Stupid 9/11.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    This sign is cool, and would be fun for me to have. But just why the HELL is it $300?! Sure, it's vintage, but come on. 1978 wasn't exactly a landmark year in the car business. He has several more of other models.

Considering most 1978 CARS are selling for about that, I really doubt he's EVER going to get that out of a stupid SIGN. It does say "or best offer". I'm thinking of offering him $20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Promo-Deale...itleDesc=0%7C0
    Just think how much a Ford Motorsports license plate goes for now compared to what it cost back in the day.
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower

Sure, but Ford Motorsport has much wider appeal than 1978 Zephyr. How many Mercury Zephyr enthusiasts do you know of? I'll bet there's less than 50 in the world. And we're all cheap. That's why we have Zephyrs now, rather than saving our pennies for '60s muscle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Sure, but Ford Motorsport has much wider appeal than 1978 Zephyr. How many Mercury Zephyr enthusiasts do you know of? I'll bet there's less than 50 in the world. And we're all cheap. That's why we have Zephyrs now, rather than saving our pennies for '60s muscle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That is very true! But people can ask for whatever they want.....what they actually get might be something completely different. You can always put in an offer.....worst they can say is "no".
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post

And he's baaaaaaack! He did say he has a few of them. I guess part of his reasoning for charging so much initially is that he builds this INSANE Fort Knox box to ship it in. You should've seen this thing. Remember Demolition Man when he crashes and the car fills up with foam? It's like that. Inside a 2x4 frame, wrapped with many layers of plastic. It's like damn, you're not shipping some antique vase or something...
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12