Close

Default Door and body alignment.

I found a strange problem on my 85 SC convertible today. I've had the car up on jack stands since December while do a brake replacement convert it to true dual exhaust and swap the 7.5 rear end with an 8.8. I put the jack stands on the outer frame in front of the rear wheels and in front of the doors.

I opened the drivers side door to get in and replace a non asc steering wheel with the 3 spoke ASC steering wheel. When I got out of the car and tried to close the door it wouldn't latch. I looked at it closely and the rear of the door is sitting about 3/4ths of an inch high and is not hitting the the catch properly blocking it from closing. Is it possible I am supporting it improperly causing body alignment issues?

FEP Super Member

Yes sir , that is the case
    Convertibles are much more prone to body flex , since it has no solid roof to help support it .
    Take it down off stands ,back on the ground , everything should go back in place .
    I would support it at the rear , in front of the torque box , in the front I use the lower control arms .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Thanks for the input. Glad my sense was right and I appreciate your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    Yes sir , that is the case
    Convertibles are much more prone to body flex , since it has no solid roof to help support it .
    Take it down off stands ,back on the ground , everything should go back in place .
    I would support it at the rear , in front of the torque box , in the front I use the lower control arms .