Close

Default The former Dennis Collins '82 GT for sale again.

It will be interesting what price it brings without all the auction hype..
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

What did it go for at auction? Like 19K or something?

Seller also has this 79 Cobra for sale. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...kAAOSw4Ldbafuu

Wild stripes on it thats for sure.

FEP Senior Member

Wow, that's some TALL coin for both of those vehicles.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Supporter

Thumbs up

Wow, those are really nice. Not really sure which is my favorite of the two

Real nice color combo on the 79 but when did this Cobra have the rear spoiler added along the way in its life?

I also noticed the Marti report for the 82 notes a radio delete but has a factory looking one installed. Apparently my 82 GT had the delete too but of course had a stereo installed in it when I got it. If it didn't I would have put one installed in 1990 too When I first saw the aftermarket rear louver I thought it might have had a rear wiper I like louvers but like the smaller slats of the Ford stick on ones myself.

Both look to be running good in the pictures with the gauges so hope for the money there are no mechanical issues from being museum pieces. Nice investments. I only I were rich...

Interesting to see, but i do not think the potential increase in price has kept pace with inflation. I have mixed feelings about this kind of thing; they're sort of like old maids.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SECESH View Post
    Interesting to see, but i do not think the potential increase in price has kept pace with inflation. I have mixed feelings about this kind of thing; they're sort of like old maids.
    Agreed. I cannot see that money unless they were the non-dealer prepped or very low mile examples. These? I guess if the price were more "reasonable" (and I were rich and had space) I would love to buy them drive them.There is no reason really to have concours/original cars up here. Any "reputable show" for these calibre cars is days drive away. As they appreciate in value with time like we all think they still will, I would slowly de-value them with some mileage and very minor wear and tear!

Enjoy them while you can!

They were built to be driven, and time takes its toll to some extent even if they aren't. Still I'd rather see this extreme than the other, where some poor benighted heathen has ripped out and discarded irreplaceable parts in trying to imagine he's building a race car. I've seen too many like that.