Close

Default 1984 SVO Ringgold GA and 87 Turbo Coupe

08 Bullitt / 07 Buell XB12SS / Transit Connect

FEP Senior Member

Poor SVO. Yep, it's been parked since 1991...PARKED OUTSIDE.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Member

I've seen worse-looking for more money. The crud under the rear latch looks bad though. Missing title would kill it for me.

And not one picture of the turbo coupe?
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkd0r View Post
    I've seen worse-looking for more money. The crud under the rear latch looks bad though. Missing title would kill it for me.
    Yep, the missing title thing is a big issue and guessing this will end up a parts car.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

FEP Super Member

A mechanics or storage line, will get you a clean title in most states that require a title .
    There are many eastern states, that dont require titles for vehicles of certain age .
    I dont have all the facts on that , because I love on the west coast , where they want money from you every year for having a vehicle titled in your name .
    Think about it this way , all these street rods from the 30's that were drug out of fields and forests , have now been titled .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Yep, the missing title thing is a big issue and guessing this will end up a parts car.
    Why is that a big deal? In GA any vehicle older than 1985 no title is required, just a bill of sale.

"Titles are not required in Georgia for vehicles 1985 or older, but you will need to provide the Bill of Sale when you register the car in your name, so be sure to take it with you to your local County Tag Office's Office. If the car is newer than 1985, a titled is required.

If the registration is missing, you'll need to go to your local County Tag Office's Office after contacting law enforcement to inspect the vehicle and the VIN. With this documentation and your Bill of Sale, you'll be able to register the car in your name."

FEP Senior Member

That might be the case in GA and other states but in IL it's illegal to purchase a vehicle without a title and the vehicle CANNOT be titled in IL. Ask me how I know?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    That might be the case in GA and other states but in IL it's illegal to purchase a vehicle without a title and the vehicle CANNOT be titled in IL. Ask me how I know?
    If you really want it send me the $ i'll buy it, register it, and after I get a new title sign it over to you.

FEP Senior Member

Thanks but I have enough projects currently. That might be a big one to get it back on the road.

FEP Senior Member

Ga might not need titles for older cars, SC does,and I have had my fill of the sc dmv. they won't title it,even with all the correct paperwork from Ga.