Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

OK - so with that this group has SO many hilarious punch lines we could throw but we just don’t want to offend anyone.

Hmms. Well, at least they have four eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    OK - so with that this group has SO many hilarious punch lines we could throw but we just don’t want to offend anyone.

Hmms. Well, at least they have four eyes.
    No worries, I knew I took my chances when I posted! And yes....they all do in fact have four eyes!

The silver GT is supposedly coming in a few days, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. I say "supposedly" because the seller/transporter is not the best at customer communication.
    Last edited by chazman; 08-13-2018 at 09:57 AM.

I'm eagerly waiting to look it over and see what it needs to return to it's former glory - or at least as close as I can get it. I really, really want to save that faded factory single stage paint. I'll probably start with a good wash down with Dawn, then kill a few clay bars on it, and then soak it a few times with Megs number 7 in order to feed the paint the oils that it's obviously starving for. After that, paint correction.

I'm that guy who'd rather have original paint, even with flaws, than a show car paint job. Although this is my first Fox, this is not my first time doing this to an old car. Love doing it!

Can't wait to dig in! Should be fun!
    Last edited by chazman; 08-13-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Very Nice Cars!

Think about how many Mustangs & Camaros lined up at street lights in the late 80's
    What else was there with factory muscle in that era? A few notables, but nothing as common as the mustang vs camaro.

Yea, at least the Mustang has the best looking tail lights. Some of the others didn’t but they had front row seats.

FEP Power Member

*insert Joe Dirt meme here*

Your distributors are in the wrong place.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Marc aka tripice351. 84.5 GT-350 2.3T.. and now, 1982 GL coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1983-GT View Post
    Very Nice Cars!

Think about how many Mustangs & Camaros lined up at street lights in the late 80's
    What else was there with factory muscle in that era? A few notables, but nothing as common as the mustang vs camaro.

Thanks!

I'll tell you one reason I bought this GT. Because I have fond memories of them.

In late '81 I went to the Ford dealer to test drive the new Mustang GT. I remember shifting it into second and the tail kicked out a bit, and I thought, whoa! this car is fast - and a low 16 second car was fast back then. And as I get older, I seem to appreciate all cool cars more, rather than sticking to one brand or another.

Fast forward to 1990. A friend and I went to Boca Raton for two days worth of classes. I said, you know while we're down there, lets rent a convertible and stay a few extra days and take a vacation. I went to the rent-a-car counter and asked what kind of convertibles they had. They had Mustang convertibles. "I see", I said. Do you have Mustang GT convertibles?" She said no, but we have a Mustang GT. I asked if they had one with a 5 speed. She said yes. I asked how much to rent that one? She answered, same as the 4 cylinder convertible. I couldn't say, "Ill take it" fast enough, LOL!. I had to break the news to my buddy that we wouldn't have a convertible - but Dear Lord, we beat the living hell out of that poor car, (I think there were no miles on it either). What a blast! The highlight of my vacation! I was surprised the car made it all week, what with the 4,000 RPM launches I couldn't stop doing.

Although that '90 had 63 more horsepower than the '82, I never got over that '82's test drive.
    Last edited by chazman; 08-13-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Love your enthusiasm for 80's cars. My father had a few Camaro's back in the early 90's. Cool cars in their own right.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Love your enthusiasm for 80's cars. My father had a few Camaro's back in the early 90's. Cool cars in their own right.
    Thanks. It's true, I am totally into '80's cars!

BTW, I also own another Ford. My father in law's 1977 Lincoln Continental. He ordered it new.

Name:  17795834_10209946143303295_6765101788408367877_n.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  159.1 KB

I have a friend with one of those in storage. It was his parents car, burgundy in color.
    Its not that clean though, been sitting in a shed for a couple decades.

Quote Originally Posted by 1983-GT View Post
    I have a friend with one of those in storage. It was his parents car, burgundy in color.
    Its not that clean though, been sitting in a shed for a couple decades.
    The car was mostly repainted about 35 or so years ago after a fender bender. The finish was horrible. It looked like a crackhead painted it with a dead chicken. It took a lot of wet sanding and buffing to bring it back. Lots of real estate on that Lincoln, used a lot of product. That tough old paint even ate up a couple of foam pads. About 125K miles. My mother in law wanted it gone. I stepped up to keep in the family. Ironically I have it currently parked in my in-laws garage right now.

I think my father-in-law is happy, though.

Name:  IMG_1884.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1885.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1886.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  105.4 KB
    Last edited by chazman; 08-14-2018 at 06:23 PM.

You are a great son in law. I think that lincoln is super cool

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    You are a great son in law. I think that lincoln is super cool
    Thanks man, great compliment! It has a couple of issues right now, but a couple friends and I have been talking about taking it on next year's Hot Rod Power Tour. Plenty of room for 3 or 4 guys.

And it will pass everything but a gas station. Cool Lincoln.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    And it will pass everything but a gas station. Cool Lincoln.
    Thanks! It gets exactly 10 MPG on the highway. It's running pig rich, see pic of spark plug. When my FIL owned it, he sent the original carb to my BIL to have it rebuilt. I and my FIL always assumed the factory carb was rebuilt and reinstalled. I asked my BIL, how can the factory carb possibly run so crappy after being rebuilt? He said, it's not the original carb, he kept that and this is a different/random 4350 on the car. Duh!!!! I said, where's the factory carb? He said he lost it. Double duh!!

Name:  IMG_2095.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  62.6 KB

So I've got to do something about the carb and it looks like the C6 front seal has sprung a big leak, too. So what do I do? Buy an '82 Mustang project!
    Last edited by chazman; 08-14-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Silver GT is currently in northern Minnesota. Will it be here by tomorrow??????????

Nope. Looks like Friday, now.

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    Nope. Looks like Friday, now.
    What a tease.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    What a tease.
    I know!

Great looking GT! Congrats
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnot View Post
    Great looking GT! Congrats
    Thanks!

Now, Friday evening.......

It's here!

My good buddy came by literally minutes after the car was dropped off and has been helping me clean it up, up until a few minutes ago. My son pitched in too. Man we got a lot of stuff done! We removed all those stupid stickers, pinstripes, cheesy mudflaps, steering wheel cover, deer whistles and louvers. Those louvers were a piece of work, all bent up, painted with a brush, and attached with a ton of silicone. They had to go.

Without further ado, here are some pics.

Name:  IMG_2878.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2884.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2881.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  73.7 KB

First wash and obligatory clay bar pic. This was after about a 1 square foot section.
    Last edited by chazman; 08-18-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast