Close

Default Inherited a 15k mile Fox

Hey all, just took ownership of my grandfathers 83 GT. He ordered it from the dealer and only managed to rack up 15,800 miles on it. Its completely stock besides a holly intake, carb, and some terrible air shocks. All the original parts, including the factory TRX wheels on the original tires, are still in his garage. Was covered in dust when i got it, and a quick wash took care of that. Has a few minor scratches but not a ding anywhere. Never has it seen rain. Been garaged its entire life. Never have i seen a dash pad that perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

The car looks great! .

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site. Your grandfather must have really appreciated what he had to not drive it that much. It looks to be in beautiful shape. Is your intention to keep the car and enjoy it? I would. Other than some basic maintenance I bet it runs and drives nice! You don't see these everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Is your Grandpa still around or is he flying guardian angel style copilot these days?

My grandpa’s last words to me — and I’m not kidding — were “Don’t drive over 100”. It’s still good advise to this day...

Awesome car! Keep it as original as you can! Always store it inside under a cover. Amazingly well preserved!

Great looking car and awesome that it was your Grandfathers, surely a car you will always treasure as with the memories you have of him. What part of MD are you from? So MD here.

What an amazing GT!

Congrats and enjoy it.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

I'd recommend keeping it for your kids. put classic car insurance on it and keep the tag current. shouldn't cost much to do this. Then you can drive it when you want not as a DD.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Wow, congrats.. looks amazing!!!!!

Wow! what a sweet ride!

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    I'd recommend keeping it for your kids. put classic car insurance on it and keep the tag current. shouldn't cost much to do this. Then you can drive it when you want not as a DD.
    Great advise!
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

That's awesome! Have fun with it.

Wow, Fantastic!! What part of MD? I'm in Harford County, and work by BWI airport. I can only hope my '83 GT looks that good when I'm done!
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife
    '79 Capri 2.3L n/a, Medium Copper metallic, survivor
    (bought from MRausch82)

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Welcome to the site. Your grandfather must have really appreciated what he had to not drive it that much. It looks to be in beautiful shape. Is your intention to keep the car and enjoy it? I would. Other than some basic maintenance I bet it runs and drives nice! You don't see these everyday!

Runs and drives great. After some fresh gas and some cranking, it started right up. Plan on keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber70Mach View Post
    Great looking car and awesome that it was your Grandfathers, surely a car you will always treasure as with the memories you have of him. What part of MD are you from? So MD here.
    Yup thanks, and So MD also

Quote Originally Posted by Rwrighttt View Post
    Yup thanks, and So MD also
    Cool hope to see you and the car around sometime. I'm in the Indian Head area.