Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New User

_____
    Last edited by WideRS; 10-03-2018 at 12:58 PM.

New User

_____
    Last edited by WideRS; 10-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Those TRX's are the originals based on the staggered "winter treads"...as I don't believe those were ever reproduced, just the standard treads by Coker these days. I can't recall if all the cars got them back in '83 or just the cars destined for the north? My '83 GT that I resurrected several years ago was delivered to Chicago and had the same tires.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Those TRX's are the originals based on the staggered "winter treads"...as I don't believe those were ever reproduced, just the standard treads by Coker these days. I can't recall if all the cars got them back in '83 or just the cars destined for the north? My '83 GT that I resurrected several years ago was delivered to Chicago and had the same tires.
    My 83 GT that was sold new in New Jersey came with the staggered tread design.

Name:  IMG_5610.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  102.8 KB
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

I think most over value their car, but I think your asking price for what you are selling is incredibly fair. It’s a shame that 4 eyed cars and more so convertibles don’t get the love that the aero cars get.

Very nice car and you will ultimately find the right buyer!
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

New User

_____

New User

_____

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

First '83 convertible Black with Red cloth I've seen, which makes sense. According to Marti, only 47 were built in this trim configuation Don't give up selling until you've tried Hemmings Motor News. I've sold a number of cars through Hemmings over the years. GLWS

It is so beautiful. Would love to buy it for my wife but way short on funds. There are better ones to cut up.

New User

_____

New User

_____
    Last edited by WideRS; 10-03-2018 at 01:00 PM.

47 is 1C/FD for 1983 convertible. All convertibles, not just GT.

There were two different red cloth trims...F and H. I haven't seen any GT convertible with H yet.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

You won't get a complete number of 1C/FD GT convertible made because the transmission breakdown comes first and there were two different transmissions as well.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Car consignment may also be a good option for this. You tell them what you want and they handle all the rest. Yes there are fees but they usually have world-wide reach and if you want top dollar they are not a bad option because they can provide financing as well. The problem with this for a lot of people may be that it is actually too nice to drive. So you're paying $10K for a museum piece you can't drive. I totally understand your thoughts about modifying it. People that say it's too nice to cut up are not offering any $$$$. Do what you want with it. I bet Street Side Classics would list that for $17,500 or more probably. Listing and selling are two different things but I've yet to see any large car consignment places go out of business so somebody is buying something. Good Luck!
    Last edited by homer302; 09-02-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WideRS View Post
    Thank you, I've lowered the price to $10,500 and will give it a couple more weeks before it goes under the knife.
    Sending you a PM now - I'm very interested
    Last edited by biz jet tech; 09-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by biz jet tech View Post
    Sending you a PM now - I'm very interested
    I hope you buy it! Can't believe anybody else hasn't jumped already.

I´m in love with this car, and would seriously buy it, but I'm in Mexico and importing a car from the US has become a total PITA in the last couple years...

Why are convertibles "less valuable"? I understand that for people who want the car for racing or modifying them it is not attractive (they flex like crazy, I have 2) but for regular collectors who want a show car I find them extremely attractive, and as valuable as any of the other two bodies.

You also should try Mecum Auctions. They sold a bunch of almost-new low mileage cars I believe, $18K or $20. If nothing else some guy/gal would buy it for their kid. Yours is a bargain at $12,500. Funny thing though how prices come back around - I bought my 85 GT Convertible red/black for $11,250 in 1986!
    '85 Mustang GT Convertible, Jalapeno Red, Charcoal Int., Black Top, 5.0 H.O., 4 bbl , 5 speed, No AC, All original except for 8.8 Motorsport rr w/3.55 gears & subframe connectors. Owned since 'August 86. 1 of 574.

New User

_____
    Last edited by WideRS; 10-03-2018 at 01:00 PM.

New User

_____
    Last edited by WideRS; 10-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Very cool ! I don't understand the lack of a sale? At that price it is a steal. imo Good luck!

New User

_____
    Last edited by WideRS; 10-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.

I have a friend that is interested. PM me your ph# Thanks, Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12