Close

Default Help with a few kick panel connectors

Hello, need some help with a few driver side kick panel connections. I have recently completed a forward harness rewire and tuck on my '86 SVO, along with a heater core install. I have pictures of everything but cannot find my driver side kick panel connector pictures. So, i have a few connectors I need help identifying if "they" are left alone, or connected to something. I have 3 two pin connectors as pictured below. One felmale (green/yellow and black/light blue) one male (green/yellow and black/light blue) im assuming these are connected together but there is another connector that is the same but it has just one green/yellow wire going to it. I believe these connectors have something to do with the door switch for courtesy/dome lights. there is also a one wire connector (lime green) that i cannot find anywhere to connect it to, just wanting to make sure it is suppose to be blank. I have looked in my 86 factory wiring diagrams and have not found these connectors so far. There is also a brown connector (4 pin) that does not have another connection to go to. I was told from another SVO owner that they had a brown connector as well in the driver kick panel and it was unused.

Name:  IMG_1064.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  55.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1065.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  47.3 KB
    Have
    '84 GT
    '86 SVO 2R
    '02 GT

I tried. I am surprised my car was that different. You can look here at my 84 1/2 GT Turbo harnesses. Post #104 I take close ups of both sides. I figured the SVO would not be that different. Maybe you will see something here that sparks your memory.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...toration/page5

Sorry ..... I’m of no help on this one

good luck with solutions — please document it

The green and black w/ blue tracer is for your dome lights. It should connect to the jamb switch and from there it peels off and routes in the dash harness and connects into the passenger jamb switch but that one will be a square connector on that side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i did the EFI swap on my 79, both the 79 and the 87 donor had plugs under the drivers side kick panel. Im going off of memory here, but i'm pretty sure that they went to dome light, tail lights, seat belt switch, and fuel tank level sender. Check the wire colors on your schematics to see if they line up with any of those. I remember the squarish brown plug,,,, just dont remember why i remember it. Lol. I might be able to take a peek at mine to see if it was hooked up or not if you still need info.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by wingnut180; 11-01-2018 at 08:48 PM.