Close

Default What is this roller block from ?

I stumbled upon a 5.0 roller block that's supposed to be from a 90 mustang.

Its an E7 block casting on the lower rear. Its hard to tell any other numbers in that area as the casting is kinda garbled. The partial VIN number stamped at the back of the block by the intake is "KF225820".

Is it possible to tell from that number what it was ?

Thanks

Pull the intake. If it has the xxx or yyy stamp, its a roller block.

Also, check the firing order of the cam. Only h.o. motors had the 351 firing order, all standard output motors (which we also rollers starting around 85, all 6 of my 86 s.o. motors are rollers) had the older 302 "non h.o." firing order.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Block and bottom end only from a rebuild project gone wrong (spun rod bearing) that I'm looking at.

Its definitely a roller block with the higher lifter bosses and bolt holes for the spider. Mainly I am just curious of what make/model it come out of etc.

1989 Ford Mustang GT

1FABP42E7KF225820
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Perfect thanks !!