Close

Thread: My fox

Default My fox

This is the fox I currently own. I know it’s not a 4 eye but it is a survivorName:  23DCAABB-0271-4611-B483-01A130D6D3AC.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  128.5 KBName:  F73DCAEC-EA4F-4D12-BF08-EEA421A544FC.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  129.1 KB

Josh welcome to FEP and that is a nice looking convertible.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site Josh. Personally a hard top guy not a convertible one but really nice car! You owned it a long time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Thanks, I’ve owned it a little over a year. I traded my hatch for it because my little girl loves convertibles

Thank you Dave. I’m excited about being on FEP

Sweet vert!

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Welcome! Very nice car

Thank you, I’m glad to be here

Quote Originally Posted by FoxJosh View Post
    Thanks, I’ve owned it a little over a year. I traded my hatch for it because my little girl loves convertibles
    Good job there dad! I'm a huge fan of these types of decisions. They make kids see how the adults in their life make their world a better place and they grow up to pay it forward too.

Welcome, let us know if you need anything. Parts list wise, mechanically your car is about 98% identical to the 1986 GT's. Most of us either also own an aero or have owned an aero nose fox before ourselves -- myself included.

Good group of people here - many of whom I consider friends now.

Enjoy the hobby, pass your knowledge along to someone as you can. My dad saw his neighbor having problems with the old 6-banger in his 66 Mustang. He went over to help him and in about 30 seconds figured out the old gal needed a carb kit. His neighbor had no idea how to redo a carb. Dad made a trip to the parts store for a can of carb solvent and a kit. Disassembled it and soaked it overnight. The next morning he taught his neighbor how to rebuild a carb. He dialed in his initial settings on the bench. filled the bowl with fuel, and the old horse fired right up. After a little adjusting here and there, it now runs like a top and there's one more person of the generation younger than me that knows how to make a carb work.

My grandpa explained to me in grand detail the process for getting everything dialed in on a Model T Ford engine...... have always wanted one to tinker on to see if I can figure it out. Grandpa's was long gone, as was his Model A long before I was ever around. I doubt I'll remember - heck that was over 30 years ago now.

@FoxJosh
    Welcome Josh! I've owned an aero as well :-)

@erratic50
    Nice story - thanks for sharing it!
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI

Thank you for sharing that, I try to include my little one in all my car adventures. I used to have a copper brown turbo gt convertible. I should have never sold that. I owned that back in ‘02. My ‘90 is a fun car to drive, I’m just happy to own a fox and glad to be part of the family.