Close

Default Anyone wire wideband o2 into megasquirt

I have an AEM wideband O2 and am trying to figure out how to wire it into the existing 1986 5.0 computer harness
    Anyone with experience?

Thanks

For a stock computer? It's not worth it.

If using another computer, wire the output from the wideband to pin 29. That's the stock sensor and what my PimpX (MS3) is expecting. Make sure to run the ground from the AEM to the ground in the wire bundle, or to the screw near the stock hanger where the bundle comes together.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

I'm not sure how AEM does their widebands, but Innovate provides a narrow band output(0 to 1 volts) with theirs. This can be wired into the stock O2 sensor wires. It will work with a stock computer.
    With megasquirt it's just a matter of pinning the wire to the correct spot on the 60 pin connector. You could run new wires too if you don't want to mess with the stock stuff.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

I have the megasquirt plug and play.
    I talked to AEM and they said splice into analog input and then ground other wire to sensor ground.
    Do I Pull the 29 pin and put a new connector with the AEM wire or do I splice into it?