Close

Default 85 GT Fog Lamp Wiring Harness

Hi there,

Hoping I can get a lead on where or how to get a wiring harness for my fog lamps. I was driving my car the other night and turned them on and within a minute I had smoke and a small fire coming from the wiring harness while driving. Fortunately, it went out on its own and there was no other damage. Looks like I need a new harness and a relay switch (part # D9BB 14512-AA). I've tried various sites to see what they have and can't find a thing. Even called the dealer to see if they had anything still available. No luck.

Any advice would help.

Thanks.

85 GT factory harness was not properly sized to handle current for fog lights. Mine melted together into a bundle, without lighting on fire thankfully. I did the modification of installing a power relay in the engine bay to handle the current with the switch just tripping the relay. Works much better and safer. If your Fog-light switch is toast, I think I have a spare you could have.

Rich 85 GT convertible

AutoKraft in lincoln is parting a 1986GT. If memory serves that particular harness is the same 85-86. It looked like a nice low miles car that got gutted. I tried to buy the whole car but they weren’t having it..... oh well

The factory H-2 bulbs were 55 watt units and most bulbs nowadays are greater than that...most are 100 watts...be sure and stick with the factory wattage and you will be fine.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride