Close

Default Which intermediate brake line will fit '82 upgraded to 8.8 rear?

I am upgrading to an 8.8 which means the connection point is now in the middle of the rear end (vs the passenger side on my 82).

AmericanMuscle offers 83-86 and 87-93 intermediate (front to rear) brake line options. I believe dual fox exhaust came in 86...

So if I wanted a new intermediate line, which of the below would hook up properly to both the front of my 82, but also end up where it needs to for my new 8.8 rear? The photos make the two look pretty different.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/inter...-sub-8793.html

https://www.americanmuscle.com/inter...-sub-8386.html

Appreciate any help!

Do you have dual exhaust?

When I had my '79 I just reused the 7.5 axle lines. I had Hooker headers and generic dual exhaust on it, so the OEM rubber flex line from the body to the axle did rub a bit on the passenger side exhaust pipe.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

I'm running a rear line from an 87 Mustang GT on my 83L.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

- CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

"Do you have dual exhaust?

When I had my '79 I just reused the 7.5 axle lines. I had Hooker headers and generic dual exhaust on it, so the OEM rubber flex line from the body to the axle did rub a bit on the passenger side exhaust pipe."

haha, yes, mine was too... a little too close for comfort, so I'm trying to move to that center position for that reason. It'd probably be fine, but piece of mind!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangxtreme View Post
    I'm running a rear line from an 87 Mustang GT on my 83L.
    Nice, are you talking about the intermediate hard line (starts under the hood, goes through passenger fender and hooks up to the rear end in the middle)?

Did it connect under the hood in the same place and have the same fitting?

What year did they stop running the brake line inside the car? I remember the '79 had that... the '86 is run under the car.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by banzaibullitt View Post
    What year did they stop running the brake line inside the car? I remember the '79 had that... the '86 is run under the car.
    Not sure. My '82 was outside...

Did it connect under the hood in the same place and have the same fitting?
    Yes if my memory serves me correctly.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4