Close

Default Maxed-out '85 TurboCoupe - $7000 (Lebanon OR)

Attachment 122234

Attachment 122235

Attachment 122236

Attachment 122237

ford thunderbird
    VIN: 1FABP46W1FH196988
    condition: excellent
    cylinders: 4 cylinders
    drive: rwd
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 69000
    paint color: silver
    size: mid-size
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic
    type: coupe

This 1985 Ford Thunderbird Aero Turbo Coupe just turned 69,000 miles. It has the 2.3 Liter four cylinder engine. An intercooler was optional and supplied by Ford Motor Sports and then was dealer installed, as the pic of the plate shows. This engine had more horsepower and torque than the V8 option that year. But since I drive reasonably I get 28 mpg! Absolutely beautiful and like new inside and out with every conceivable option. Not only are the seats six-way power but there are also lumbar AND side bolster power adjustments. Paint like new, no dents or scratches, replaced alternator, cam timing belt, all auxiliary belts, radiator hoses, thermostat, complete electrical tune and more. You can see from the pictures that this is not an ordinary '85 Bird. It has the whole Aero package. Also has the factory sport suspension. I bought it from the family who bought it when it was only a year old and have the paperwork. I'm an old flip phone guy so email to reply or call five 4 one, 4 zero one, 3 three 5 zero but I don't text. Here's a link to see that they're bringing $10k to $16K https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...3&year_to=1988 I'll take $7000 or trade for NICE 2005 or newer Mustang.
    ron
    https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...645252609.html

Mike

FEP Senior Member

Kind of cool, but a little over the top for my tastes. Kind of looks like a 1992 JC Whitney catalog threw up on it a little bit. Not sure what they were going for with that grille design. Remove the headlight covers, the stripes on the taillights and go back to the stock grille and i could live with it. Oh yeah, ditch the deer whistles too.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

It looks like it has the Ford Motorsport kit. The ground effects, grille, and spoiler. Also looks like it has the factory alarm system in it.
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

I see both sides here but I am going on the side of I dig it. That is the Ford Motorsports stuff and it was what it was back in the day. That asymmetrical grille was just Miami Vice cool in the day. Maybe best described as tasteful in it's day but did not age so well. I would have a hard time changing it though.

I have to say I like it as well. I remember when the aero kits were the “In thing” . Maybe with the younger crowd of that era. Car seems to be in amazing condition. Extra points for the intercooler( I’ve seen those go for big bucks on EBay). All being said, for someone looking for a TC the price seems fair.