Close

Default Splicing Heater/AC control vacuum tubing

Mice made a dogs lunch of Susie's heater controls; chewed the tiny vacuum tubes. Used short sections of the red straws that come with various spray cans to splice them back together. Had to lightly chamfer the ends of the straws.
    It works now, and at an unbeatable price.

I had an 88 that the lines were getting brittle. Several of them broke and I spliced them by just using small i.d. vacuum hose pieces.

good fix.

I hope the mice choked on them and died -- somewhere outside the car!

Unfortunately, the Mustangs seem to be the place every mouse desires to leave his mortal remains.
    I'm sure the straws, being inserted into the ID of the tubes probably will slow the response time of the dash pots. Didn't think of approaching it by sleeving with larger tubing.
    Got her heater/AC housing back in the car, and the system is holding 29 inches of vacuum. I think it might be safe to put the dash back up!

I’ve done small vacuum tubing and silicone over top of the plastic. Works good once it’s dry
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php