Close

Default New '79 Cobra owner

Hey guys, long time lurker, finally ended up with a four eye.
    This will be my 5th fox (had a 89 Mark VII LSC, 87 Turbo Coupe, 80 Fairmont, and a 84 Continental Turbo Diesel). Always wanted a four eye stang but never really searched for one. Last thing I need right now is another project but this one kinda fell into my lap. Traded a rusty 81 Bronco and a little cash for it. Very rust free, and very straight, relatively unmolested for the most part, certainly needs some TLC though. It's got a nasty rod knock, but I have a fresh 30 over roller block 302 with TFS heads and cam, and a nearly new T5Z that I had in a 89 LTD Crown Vic. They've been collecting dust for half a decade now, so I figure this is the perfect car for them.

All I've done so far is replace the roached headlights, remove all the curled trim, and put the TRX's back on. They won't be staying but they give me some motivation.

Been spending the last few days pouring over threads trying to bring myself back up to spec on these cars.

Out with one horse...

In with another...

Fresh off the trailer.

As it currently sits.

Congrads on the new purchase.
    Thanks for the pics. It found a good home and new lease on life at the next level up.
    A solid old car metal wise is a very advantageous starting point.
    Plus past experience with other fox variations.
    Hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.
    Same year, color, orange graphics.
    Perfect example of how TRX really transform the early model's look.

Hey Zach. Nice to see you over here. Good luck with it. That motor will be fun in this car.

I wish my cobra had started out in a little bit better condition. Such is life in the midwest

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Congrads on the new purchase.
    Thanks for the pics. It found a good home and new lease on life at the next level up.
    A solid old car metal wise is a very advantageous starting point.
    Plus past experience with other fox variations.
    Hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.
    Same year, color, orange graphics.
    Perfect example of how TRX really transform the early model's look.
    I love the TRX's, they just fit so well. I'd like to go 5 lug eventually, but for the interim will probably go with the repo 16's and 87-93 GT spindles/brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Hey Zach. Nice to see you over here. Good luck with it. That motor will be fun in this car.
    Thanks Dave, knew I'd find ya over here

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    I wish my cobra had started out in a little bit better condition. Such is life in the midwest
    Ya, the cars overall solidness is what sold me. I don't care about the useless drivetrain or tired interior, it's got it where it counts. Vehicles don't get much worse then they do around here deep in the salt belt, but thankful this one is from down south, and it shows.

Some fresh pics after a quick cleaning,

Mint rockers:

Solid as can be underneath:

Interior:

FEP Supporter

Yup, looks to be a great find and a great project starting point! I wish I had a ready to go engine sitting around for five years to use like you!

Welcome to the site BTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Yup, looks to be a great find and a great project starting point! I wish I had a ready to go engine sitting around for five years to use like you!

Welcome to the site BTW!
    He is stealing the heart out of one of his other (much cooler ) cars for this. Makes me sad and happy at the same time.