Close

FEP Member

Default 1985 Mustang GT T-Tops 5 speed

The time has come to part ways with my 85. I'm the second owner- purchased from family friend in 2001. Had 101,000 miles at that point, so it's only had 51,000 miles added in the last 18 years. Starts, runs, drives, stops great. I drive it every now and then on nice weather days and I would have no concern jumping in and driving it anywhere. The car has been kept very factory original except for some tasteful suspension upgrades to make it handle like it’ on rails and the Flowmaster exhaust system. It has been upkept very well and has been my baby for the past 18 years.

Located near SLC, UT.

California car until 2012.

152,000 miles
    T-Tops
    5 speed manual transmission
    Last year of the Carbureted Mustangs!
    Factory AC (needs recharged)
    Power locks and windows
    Factory cruise control
    Interior completely redone few years ago (new upholstery, new carpeting, all panels re-dyed original color, Dynamat Extreme installed throughout car underneath carpeting). Comes with a brand new, custom ordered headliner in the factory color from TMI, ready to be installed. $300 item.
    Original Oxford White paint. SVO gray trim paint touched up within the last year with correct paint from Latemodel Restoration.

Maintenance items:
    Within last year (less than 500 miles since)
    - Alternator
    - Battery
    - Duraspark ignition control box
    - Main electrical ignition wiring harness replaced ($380 harness!)
    - Power Steering pump assembly
    - Replaced window run channel weatherstripping (outside)
    - Spark Plugs

RedLine fluids in trans and rear end ever since I've owned it.

Upgrades
    - Pro 5.0 shifter and custom hand stitched leather shift boot (both the factory shifter and shift boot go with the car)
    - Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system
    - Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
    - Hotchkiss caster/camber plates
    - Hotchkiss K-Member brace
    - Alpine head unit with Sony and Alpine speakers in the factory locations and pioneer slim 10” subwoofer with Sony amplifier

This needs to go to a new owner who will continue to take care of it as there are few four-eyed mustangs still in as good of shape.
    Contact me with any questions! Thanks!

Name:  IMG-9804.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  136.0 KB

Name:  IMG-9806.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  115.2 KB

Name:  IMG-9807.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  132.8 KB

Name:  IMG-9812.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  110.7 KB

Name:  IMG-9810.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  108.4 KB

Very nice! If you don't include price they will pull the ad. GLWS
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

FEP Member

My apologies- overlooked an important part of the post!

$6,000.

Looks like a deal if there is no rust. Glws.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by slomont View Post
    Looks like a deal if there is no rust. Glws.
    Thanks slomont. California car and then Utah (high desert) car. As rust free as you're going to find. The last winter it was driven in was in the Bay Area of California in 2001, where there isn't really any winter at all, so it doesn't count ;-)

Wow, that looks like a really clean car for a great price. You might add some pics of the engine bay and underside of the body to heighten the interest.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Very nice GT! Someone is going to get a great car at a very reasonable price in my opinion.

FEP Member

Name:  98495A26-D9B7-4300-B61A-918ABED2410E.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  142.5 KBName:  FC6690AB-A083-4832-B0FE-8098C5D001D8.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  65.2 KBName:  9A22D771-4211-4416-BA11-78EAEF9A8D84.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  56.2 KBName:  91C18317-3149-4FA8-BD17-34B63530FB88.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  51.7 KB

A few additional pictures- one of the (dirty!) engine bay, but also a few of the underside showing how clean it is.

Forgot to mention it also has Eibach front and rear sway bars. The car handles really, really well.

That's a very nice solid car! Great price as well.
    86 Mustang GT T Top 2A 20k miles
    95 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser triple locked expedition rig
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold
    86 GT Sold brother has it.

Can you post a pic of your headliner?

Thanks
    Brant

You have a PM or maybe 2. Looking forward to talking with you.
    Pat

Very nice car! I hope it goes to an owner that will appreciate it. That's one of the hardest things about selling a car for me. I put a lot of myself into my cars and get attached to them and I always think about the next owner tearing up what I've put so much info. I know we always say once they pay for it, it's there's but I think there's always a part that feels like it's still ours. I have a car now that I'm going to sell, a '95 Z28 that I've owned for 19 years and put so much of myself into. Honestly, it's a one of a kind in my area and when it leaves I hope it goes out of town so I don't have to see it.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic G.T.350 View Post
    Very nice car! I hope it goes to an owner that will appreciate it. That's one of the hardest things about selling a car for me. I put a lot of myself into my cars and get attached to them and I always think about the next owner tearing up what I've put so much info. I know we always say once they pay for it, it's there's but I think there's always a part that feels like it's still ours. I have a car now that I'm going to sell, a '95 Z28 that I've owned for 19 years and put so much of myself into. Honestly, it's a one of a kind in my area and when it leaves I hope it goes out of town so I don't have to see it.
    I know ALL these feels. This Mustang had been with me through all of my adult stages of life, from high school through everything 18 years could possibly throw at a person. I didn't ever anticipate selling it, but I've just been holding onto it for that reason alone. It's not a good reason to keep a car, especially if you're not driving it much. I felt an internal obligation to keep it because it was so meaningful and special in a lot of ways, but I made the right decision in the end because the '67 coupe I bought that is taking its place in the garage will get driven more.

To those who had interest (and there were a LOT), the '85 is now sold to a owner I feel will enjoy it, and he lives about an hour away so I don't have to see it driving around often. I think that would be hard. I had multiple offers at full asking price so I essentially got to choose who I thought would appreciate it more. I'm now foxless for the first time in 18 years. Feels weird. Kinda sad. On to bigger and better things.