Close

Default 1980 Durango - 306/5-spd

Attachment 122090

Attachment 122091

Attachment 122092

This 1980 Ford Fairmont Durango Pickup is immaculate, it looks brand new. It has a modified 306 Ford V8 that has been totally rebuilt and cammed paired to a Tremec T5 5 speed manual transmission. More modifications include a 9 inch rear end, dual flow master exhaust, ford cobra chrome allow wheels and many more.This car has power steering, power brakes, and upgraded air conditioning. The inside of the bed on this pickup is as flawless as the exterior paint on this car. The interior on this car is basically original and has tilt steering column, power windows and power locks. This car has been appraised on a four stage scale (Engine/Compartment, Chassis, Interior, and Exterior) and is pictured above. All of the information in the appraisal was conducted by a certified appraiser with over forty years of experience. This is an extremely rare vehicle, especially in the condition that it has been maintained. Receipts in hand for labor and modifications.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Ford-D...0AAOSwU3VbQ3po

Mike

Is that interior REALLY original with those bright red seats against dark red carpet/dash? Either way, cool car and looks damn good.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP Senior Member

That is probably the nicest Durango I have ever seen. Seems like most I see for sale are barely clinging to life at some shady used car lot at an inflated price because it is "rare".
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

FEP Senior Member

By far the best one I have ever seen. Yep, as stated above, the ones I've seen in ads and the 2 I've seen in person were so hacked up and barely roadworthy.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

That thing is so cool. Just a bit too much white for me though.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

The grille & tucked bumpers would be an easy and cheap fix. But, yes, too much white.

Mike

Is it a real Durango? E-bay ad says clone and Appraiser could not be sure if it is Durango?

It is not a Durango. He is/was selling the gas monkey fairmont too.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    Is it a real Durango? E-bay ad says clone and Appraiser could not be sure if it is Durango?
    Rear window is a different shape as are the rear wheel wells (appear to be more squared off whereas the stock Durango wheel wells were rounder). Still a well executed car from what I can see in the pictures. Frankly I like how this is done (including the tailgate changes) better than a real Durango anyway.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

I'd certainly have no problem calling this car a Durango, especially if the appraiser can't tell! I encountered this seller on FB and I feel like he is a flipper. A flipper who is sick of hearing all the criticism of the Fast & Loud Fairmont.

Martin Pond's Durango is better...
    Name:  31117650_1857849710944605_460275139553001472_n.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  181.5 KB
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I just read his ad and he calls it a rare Durango. Unsure why he would call it a Durango when he knows it is not. I’m pretty sure he wants 11k for it. Like calling a cobra or Saleen clone a real one.

Don’t get me wrong, it is very nice, but it is not a Durango. Not that there is much special about a real Durango in person, my buddy has one.

I never got the impression that he is a flipper. I got the impression that he has a lot of money and is already bored with the 2 monts.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38