Close

Default Engine leaning badly

Ok long story short I swapped from a 2.3 to a 347 in my 85 notch. I used vert mounts by anchor. I didn't notice it at first when I stabbed the engine in. But now I see that it's leaning pretty bad to the passenger side. The mounts have the nipples and on both sides I can feel that they are in the holes in the k member. I have yet to try lifting the engine to reposition it due to camping and bad weather when I got back. I just wanted to get some thoughts on this.

The 5.0L I swapped into my 83L also leans. If nothing else works you can always enlarge the bolt slot.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

More than likely the mounts are crap. Anchor brand mounts have some bad reviews.

I broke the bolt off on one trying to tighten it with a 3/8 flex head ratchet on a pretty good angle

It was a bad motor mount guys. The rubber was way out of place. Thank you for the input.

there's a bunch of metal stuff that goes on around the mounts...... that stuff can get damaged or ruined by bad mounts. I had a passenger side mount fail and by the time I got around to changing it the metal brackets it bolts into looked like a pretzel. It took about 45 minutes with a torch, an anval, an hammer, and a welder to get it sorted out.

You might find those parts in a junkyard.... or you might not. In my case I couldn't find them easily so I fixed what I had.