Close

Default T-TOP Key / Lock removal question

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone by chance have a T-TOP car with lock number 218 on the T-Top locks? I went to unlock mine yesterday and found out my keys are gone and I have a bad feeling they went into the garbage a few weeks back and are gone for good.

I would be more than happy to paypal you cost to have one made and sent to me.

My other thought would be to remove the lock if I cannot find a key. Has anyone removed the lock from the t-tops?

Normally I do not lock them but when I run the car at the race track for my car clubs lapping events I like to just in case.

Thanks

Mark

87 Mustang GT

You can have one made at any locksmith. All they need is some basic info from you and then they will look up the codes for your specific lock and cut a key.

The lock series is Fort 01-336 and the original key blank is 54G. You already have your lock code (218).

Take that info to any local locksmith and they should be able to cut you some keys. If they tell you they can't cut you a key using that info go to another one. That is all the info they need.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 07-09-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks for the information! I will see if I can find a local locksmith that can do it.

The closest real locksmith to me couldn't do anything with the code numbers, said they didn't keep anything that old. He was able to make me a couple keys once he got the locks off of the t-top glass. Fortunately my tops were not locked onto the car.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302