Close

Default Mustang Club of America (MCA) - National show Lincoln, NE July 13-15

Is anyone else going to the MCA show in Lincoln? I've wanted to attend one of these national shows, in hopes of seeing some nice original/restored four eyes and to even appreciate some of the older models. And, of course, also to meet more fine folks who are interested in these cars. I had registered for the McAllen, TX show in March and was going to drive my car for display only, but an urgent business trip forced me to miss the show. For Lincoln I'm flying in. See the link below for more links with info and registration.

https://www.mustang.org/content.php/238-Mustang-Shows

I also wanted to participate more directly in these shows to learn, not just to be a spectator. So I passed the online test to become a certified judge in Occasionally/Daily Driven class. Passing is relatively easy and my perception was that the Occasionally/Daily Driven certification test is easier than the concours tests, which are specific to certain model year ranges and require a lot more knowledge than I currently possess. Maybe I'll try the 1979-1993 Concours test next after participating in one or two shows. I'm not a purist, but I do appreciate factory originality along with tasteful mods. I'm in contact with the show judges and plan to help them, which most likely will mean being a scribe ... writing down the observations of the more experienced judges. It should be a great learning opportunity. See the link below for more info on judging.

https://www.mustang.org/content.php/...fied-MCA-Judge
    Last edited by Saturn V; 07-01-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

I'll see you there! I know there's a few others who will attend...

Name:  624.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  149.9 KB
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

I will also be there. I'm in display only though.
    Hope to meet a few more people this year.

Name:  IMG_1041.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  120.1 KB
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Hey Brock,
    I wish I was closer to you and I would come. I have always wanted to take my Fox to a MCA show. But their is none close to me. Congrats on becoming a judge.I was going to take it to the Good Guys show here this weekend in Columbus, but we have family in from out of town.
    Bob
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

1986Saleen, 84StangSVT, I hope to meet you there! Sending PMs now.

I'll be there. I attend most of the MCA shows. You will often see me at the Classification line, where we check people/cars in using an app (our goal is to spend less than one minute getting you through classification). Then I judge Fox Bodies later in the event. These are tremendously fun events for car guys and gals such as us, and I encourage you to attend. Preferably bring your car... but if you can't, do what Saturn V is doing, to learn about the event and to see some of the best Mustangs in the country. Also, you get to meet their owners and talk about our beloved Fox Bodies (for me, the people side of the business is the most fun part.)
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Good to see all you guys this weekend! It was a busy, hot, hectic weekend. Glad to be back at work where I can get some "rest"!
    Brock, throw up some Foxbody pics!@ I think you got the few that attended...
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

Yes, it was good to meet you and so many others. Definitely was warm, even by Houston standards.

For those interested, see the following pic thread started by Brock.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...uly-13-15-Pics