Close

Default 86 Merkur XR4TI 2.3 turbo/ auto

For Sale 86 Merkur XR4TI, very good condition, 53000 original miles, have owned for 14 years, had 48000 when I bought it. Red, Grey Cloth interior, Auto, power windows, locks, sunroof, heated seats. No rust ever, all paint/panels are original. Light modifications-upgraded turbo, boost controller, CAI, 3" Stinger Perf exhaust from turbo to tailpipe, gauges, 17" rims/tires. I have kept all of the original parts except for the exhaust. Looking for $4500, or close offer, may take a 4x4 full size atv in trade, no other trades considered. Located in NW Suburbs of Chicago, near Wisconsin stateline-Fox Lake Ill
    email is best-markkautzer@sbcglobal.net Attachment 121902Name:  mrkr8.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  124.1 KBName:  mrkr2.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  118.9 KBName:  mrkr4.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  155.4 KBName:  mrkr5.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  115.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Am interested. I am heading to Road America later this week and may try and stop by if I can (not sure if I can). If not, will get in touch with you next week via email.

Very cool...and looks to be VERY nice! Those cars were so cool, and ahead of their time with heated seats in 1986. I'd buy it if I had the space....I'm sure a car like that would garner a lot of "what is it?" attention at car shows and cruise ins
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Ohh man. What a RIDE! Thank you for preserving that unique piece of history. Definitely way ahead of their time. The 4 door which was called a Scorpio wasn't it? (yeah, I've heard of Google), anyway that car had reclining REAR seat backs. Very, very cool.

to da top

Yep - 4-door was a Scorpio. My dad had one back in 1991...... very cool car as well.....
    1985 Capri
    347 (Baker Engineering built, Dart block, GT40x, RPM air-gap, Mahle pistons, custom cam...)
    5 speed RS
    Ext - Red/Grey
    Int - Tan

And quick too! 86GT vs Scorpio if you weren’t on the stick out of the hole or missed a gear a Scorpio would remind you what tail lights look like.

This one with upgrades? It is likely time to crank the ol 5.0 HO’s timing up to full kill or you’ll probably get lulled to sleep by the spool then killed by boost

Always wanted to see a stock SVO vs Merkur at the track on slicks battle. Weight advantage to the SVO.... but it has its 3.41 gear with a 4:1 low to overcome though