Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There have been times i took my cars to the dealer. Have to face the fact and pay the piper.
    Usually order do 1 hour of diagnostic in certain area. Report before repair in writing on RO.
    Stumped beyond my skills. They seen more, have higher level of skills and info.

Especially details like specific Ford service tech bulletins a corner shop may not have access to.
    Found failed items i would have never found.
    Like a sheered roll pin in dist. i did not know why car quit. Could have been anything.
    Also replaced one bad sp wire and the coil horseshoe.
    Charged a very fair price due to being honest people.
    Too many repair shops will take you to the cleaners. Honest ones are gold
    It helped that i bought the car there and made that clear beforehand.

Thing is hard to find shops that are willing to work on old cars.
    The good ones usually will.
    There are times none can fix problem first time.

Its all good. Post was more of a temper tantrum than anything. Shes been running fine since. Not sure if I really ran out of gas and just got some dirt in carb or if it was ignition but seemed to have worked itself out. Shes going in next week to have roof skin replaced and painted. Do wish I would have looked into rarity tax for the early foxes before I bought it though. Pain in the ass to find some things and even more painful of wallet depending on what it is. However I love the four eye look better than the normal "fox" .

Yeah, but you should try something like a 540 BMW... Muffler? That will be 1000 dollars please... Oh yeah, and remember the lack of a CEL is a priceless gift.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Price isnt the issue as much as availability. Like rear 1/4 trim which I am looking for. To big to really ship. Luckily I found some about 3 hrs away for 200 bucks. So will probably make trip next weekend. Luckily its mostly the interior/body stuff thats a bit harder to get. Have no issues swapping to newer model stuff for suspension and drivetrain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12