Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
Since no one really answered your first question I will try and help a bit.

Remove the upper intake manifold first. To do that you will need to remove the 5.0/EFI plate on the top of the intake manifold runners. There should be 4 screws that hold that down. Most likely they are Torx heads, so be aware. Once that is removed you can get to the two long upper manifold bolts. I like to leave those for last after removing the rest of the bolts that hold the upper to the lower intake. If the manifold has never been removed there will also be a metal bracket on the back of the upper connecting it to the lower, essentially a support brace. Once you get the upper intake off you can decide if you want to remove the fuel injectors and fuel rails. If you do, there are two bolts on either side of the lower intake that hold the fuel rail to the intake. Remove those and then pull up on the fuel rail. Most likely some of the injectors will stay stuck in the intake and some will stay stuck in the rails. Remove the rest and that will give you clear access to the bolts that hold the lower intake in place. If you haven't already you will need to remove the distributor first. I recommend making sure you are on TDC for #1 cylinder and the timing mark is either at @ 10 degrees advance or 0 degrees TDC. FYI #1 cylinder is the first cylinder on the passenger side of the engine. You can pull the plug and rotate the engine over by hand and feel the compression to help verify TDC. I would also not what direction the rotor inside the cap is pointing that will help when you install the new distributor.

At this point you should have the intake manifold removed. If you plan on installing an earlier timing cover for the fuel pump, then you will need to remove the accessories. Otherwise you can leave them in place as is if running an electric fuel pump. Hopefully that helps with the disassembly. Good Luck!
That's perfect, thanks Trey!