Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    New User

Default 84 GT350 Sells for 65k at BJ Scottsdale

I'm here but I missed it.

http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...ERTIBLE-190252

I couldn't believe it, I thought it sold for 6.5K but my buddy pointed out that there was no decimal point.

Unbelievable.

That seems unreal. I hope the winning bidder isn't try to flip it for a profit. When he realizes it's worth at MOST half that, he's going to be slightly disappointed.! Although, I hope this does some good for the reputation and value of 4 eye foxes.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Craigslist turds just jumped 5 grand. The Barrett Jackson Syndrome continues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Only original once and that car is pure. But the price Wow, there is hope for the foxes.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Believe it. $16,500.00 times four is about $65,000, nothing in the grand scheme of classics. A 70 Boss 302 will go for 70 grand easily.

Pre crash, even without Shelby associations, our US Hi Po engined 1967 to 1972 Super Fords come in at the 1 million dollar mark on occasion. 14.6 second quarters and 141 to 144 mph top speed sedans do that. 362 HP with a whumpy 300 to 310 degree seat to seat duration cam does that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHSm0gBZLc

$350,000 plus is now typical.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzvl2YSaWM

5,159.40 vs a cool million. A 393 times cost multiplier!

7 times multiplyer for just a start.

And a Hot ,Nimble Fox is a whole heap better to drive than an old X body with random recirculating ball steering, and tension rod coil over a-arm IFS.

A/C, good power steering, better brakes. 15 sec quarters, maybee 130+ mph.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I told you guys, the train has left the station on these cars, the rich collectors are deeply engaged in grabbing the best of them, the most original, the lowest mileage. Once those are all scooped up, then prices on the nice drivers will be driven up as well. This will be unfortunate for your average hobbyist drivers. These cars are still a great bang for the buck as fun cool drivers. the 3-5k cars will go to 7.5- 9.5 fairly quickly...so if you are still on the fence for getting what you want...go get it now while they are still very reasonable...best of luck hunting!!!! the low mileage ones are already out of reach.

New User

We will certainly see what happens. There is a restored Pace Car going this weekend:

http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...ACE-CAR-192528

That is the only other 4 eye.

Regarding other non-4 eyed foxes:
    1993 GT sold for 15k http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...ANG-GT--188541
    1993 Cobra sold for 25k http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...-COBRA--188542

Mike1157

Always seemed just too stupid to even quantify.

Some guy buys a car and parks it, just so another guy can buy it and park it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1157 View Post
    Always seemed just too stupid to even quantify.

Some guy buys a car and parks it, just so another guy can buy it and park it.
    EXACTLY. F*** Barrett Jackson. These a**hole auction people are single handedly RUINING the car hobby. So many people say the OEMs are doing it, no, I say it's these greedy motherf***ers! Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, not parked in a bubble with the hopes you can cash in in a few years like some old painting. If you are AT ALL happy about this, you are not a car guy.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sgf View Post
    We will certainly see what happens. There is a restored Pace Car going this weekend:

http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...ACE-CAR-192528

That is the only other 4 eye.

Regarding other non-4 eyed foxes:
    1993 GT sold for 15k http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...ANG-GT--188541
    1993 Cobra sold for 25k http://barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...-COBRA--188542

The Pace Car is a hot mess cosmetically. The "restoration" is...not. Body panel fitment is a mess, both doors have something wrong with them, the trim was pulled R&Red in all the wrong ways. I can't imagine anyone who looked at it with their own eyes bidding more than a few grand, tops. Pretty impressive what the glamour shots hides.

I saw the $71,500 come up on the results for that Anny and thought it must be a typo. Guess the truth is setting in this morning that it really did bring ALL the money and then some. To get to that altitude, there must have been at least two people who wanted it.

While I think it's exciting to see one go for this money, I'm also not too concerned about what it means for our part of the hobby. Yes, there will be asshats who will see that and think that their ragged out Anny, or vert, or whatever is now worth gold. And the car will sit. There have always been people using creative valuation standards to set asking prices for their cars.

One data point does not make a trend. Yes, the low-mile and well-optioned cars have been doing okay and increasing slowly. As they say, a car is only new once. And, while Barrett-Jackson may present an occasional auction anomaly, there are tons of other high-interest but not showboating auctions around the country where you will see results that largely support what you'll see on TV.

I'm no huge fan of Barrett-Jackson, but I don't see them as an enemy, either. They are a factor that simply exists.

I'll probably babble more once I've absorbed more coffee.

Before we chalk it up to one crazy buyer. Did anyone see the auction? I'm curious how competitive was the bidding? How many bidders? How many bids placed? Did it open high? Or was it bid up that high by multiple bidders?

Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddd we're off.

Reminds me of Otis Chandler paying 50k for the yellow 71 HemiCuda vert back in the 80's and everyone thought he was nuts.

Blog Entries

I didn't get to see the bidding. Didn't think about the car until the afternoon, after it crossed, so no idea. It should have been streamed, but I don't know if there is any archive for the streaming of a particular car's sale. None that I've found anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85 View Post
    I didn't get to see the bidding. Didn't think about the car until the afternoon, after it crossed, so no idea. It should have been streamed, but I don't know if there is any archive for the streaming of a particular car's sale. None that I've found anyway.
    I bet that's a goof you won't soon forget!!

Half the reason I've had birds and cats is because a rusted out gt goes for $3-5k with 200+ k miles on it and little work done and beat to death.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Someone paid around 100K for a 739 mile smoky and the bandit looking trans am and it was an automatic. The prices on these has been on the rise but $100K is crazy to me.
    Last edited by Ford 5.0; 01-28-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Was Richard Rawlings' buddy Dennis involved? I saw mention of Collins Jeep.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Richard and Dennis were on stage and bid on the car before. It was a similar trans am but more miles and a year newer or older. Richard won the bidding at $75K. A guy in the audience bought the $100K car.
    Last edited by Ford 5.0; 01-28-2016 at 03:46 PM.

The 100k T/A was an '80, I believe. World record by a mile. The Pontiac crowd over at PY.com are stunned right now. None of them ever imagined a late 2nd Gen without a 400 pulling that kind of bread.
    Last edited by Droog; 01-28-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Wow, $100k for a 4.9L turbo Trans Am??

What are they putting in those drinks at Barrett Jackson 2016??

The hobby is ever changing. I saw a really nicely restored WWII era car go for mid $30K. They mentioned if that was 5-10 years ago it would have been a $100K.
    Last edited by Ford 5.0; 01-28-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 5.0 View Post
    The hobby is ever changing. I saw a really nicely restored WWII era car go for mid $30K. They mentioned if that was 5-10 years ago it would have been a $100K.
    It does seem like dealers are buying next-gen cars for future inventory.

I'm not believing these prices are driven by hobbyists.

It's all cyclical. Right now Reagan-era muscle is on the rise. 20 years from now, somebody will drop a hundred grand on a Terminator at B-J and the cycle will start all over again.

cringes @ Reagan-era muscle

I prefer the tag: Second gen muscle cars.

That is what they really were...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast