Close

Default A few videos ...

Got a late start this season because of the long winter and wet spring, but in the process of shaking down my stuff and sneaking up on a the tune up. Fresh short block this season, first season on the G101a transmission, fresh clutch has been giving me fits.

Neat in car video, just a mid 10 second pass with the clutch slipping through 1st, and part of second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSsUodDnvY

Got the clutch to stop slipping finally and went right into spinning, lol. Got mostly ahead of that last Friday and went a season best of 10.27 with a weak 60'. I changes suspension around a bit and got the car to stop picking the front end up and just move out. Not sure it will stay this way, this pass was a 1.43 60' while I'm more used to 1.38 normal and 1.35 if I get at it a bit more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AubnMGnSoA

2.3 liter turbo, 4 speed stick, 4.10 gear and 28-10 slick. I still drive it a lot, but trying to get it to go a 9.99 before the end of the year.
    Bob Myers

84 Capri RS Turbo - Only a 4 banger - 1/8th 6.48 at 104.74 MPH, 1/4 10.20 at 133.95 MPH

Bad ass little fox body!
    1985 drop top
    2004 AZ Mach 1
    2008 Gt Mustang
    1983 408 Windsor tko 500

Very nice Bob. I could have sworn you were the guy who I started teasing about going after a single digit time slip a couple years ago and you said that wasn't in the plans. Must have been somebody else, huh?
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Love it, thanks for posting vids!
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Very nice Bob. I could have sworn you were the guy who I started teasing about going after a single digit time slip a couple years ago and you said that wasn't in the plans. Must have been somebody else, huh?
    I have so many teasing me about it that i feel like it needs done to check the box on this car.

As we approach the heat and humidity I’m thinking it won’t get done until fall air but we will see.

Racing there is deffinately not in the plans because I only have a 6 point bar and such. I’m quite happy with the car as a 10.50 kind of deal right now. That races good enough for what I do.
    Bob Myers

84 Capri RS Turbo - Only a 4 banger - 1/8th 6.48 at 104.74 MPH, 1/4 10.20 at 133.95 MPH