So I have had my 80 Cobra for over a year and made vary little progress until this month. A local group is putting on benefit for a man in our area and a friend convinced me that we could get my car ready in time for the show. Not really in my plans...but why not right? :-)

When I got the Cobra it had a 351 in it and I was never satisfied with it. I wanted to put a 302 that I have had for a while in it. Also, some one had rattled canned the engine bay black at some point, and I wanted it color matched to the body, so off went the hood and we got down to business. Here are the before and after pics.

Name:  engine_bay_before.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  109.2 KB

Name:  engine_bay_after.jpg
Size:  156.7 KB

Next was the wheel situation. When I got the car, it had 10 hole wheels and itty bitty tires. I am not a particular fan of 10 holes, so I started searching and landed on 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels from LMR. We put on 87-93 brakes and spindles (man those original rotors were small!), and ordered the wheels.

Name:  wheels_before.jpg
Size:  210.5 KB

Name:  wheels_after.jpg
Size:  96.7 KB

I still have quite a bit to do to this car, but I am please with how it is turning out. Thanks for looking!