Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am back!!

Well crud. Cylinder head has three cracks. SO now I am looking at Craigslist and soon the boneyards for a head or long block, 2.3 or 5.0. Yes, I have to do it all twice that way, but I don't have the space for anything else, and fundage is not all there yet. Oh well. Part of the game.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Well, I think I did good. I will know Friday morning.

I think I scored a marine 306 complete from rotating assembly, machined block, worked heads for about $900. Call it the friend of a friend network. A local engine builder with a great reputation did this work on a Ford SB for a guy who planned to put it in his boat. Fast forward about 10 years and due to life circumstances it never got built. Still in his heated shop, block on a stand, parts all wrapped in plastic. Basically a complete motor from pan to heads (no carb, but with a 2bbl intake) just un-assembled! Going to look at it Friday afternoon. Once I see the build sheet (which is still on the motor apparently) then I will know the details. Yes, I planned a roller cam block, but I will happily stay flat tappet hydraulic if this works out.

Whoot!
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

FEP Super Member

Just know , some of the marine engines are reverse rotation.
    I believe what makes them this way , is the camshaft .and of course the distributor gear .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Odds are I will replace the cam anyway as well as the dizzy. Thanks for the reminder though!
    When I see the build sheet Friday I will know more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12